Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Art on His Walls

On my dad's walls
I was deeply touched to see so much of my artwork on my dad's walls.
If you click on the photo above it will take you to my Flickr where I've put several notes with descriptions of some of the pieces displayed on this wall.
Shelves
I don't even remember when I made him those little faux terracotta pots.
Eggshell Frame
This is an IKEA mirror that I covered with a mosaic made with egg shells.
Fishbowl
I love how he displayed my painted goldfish on a fishbowl.
Mothcat
This kitty was his birthday gift last year. It sits on one of his office desks.
On his walls
Most of the pieces were made during my school & college years.
I am so very blessed to still be doing what I love & forever thankful
to both my parents for always encouraging my creativity.

32 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Its All About Creating said...

Always beautiful posts I am thankful for, but today was so heart warming. Thanks.

1/24/2012 7:50 AM  
Blogger Vicki K. said...

He is so proud of YOu!! Is your father an artist as well? Everything is so artfully and beautifully displayed!! I love this post.

1/24/2012 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Kristina said...

Your dad has lots of interesting things - I love the way he displays everything. He is very lucky to have such a gifted daughter - his walls are very eye catching!

1/24/2012 8:22 AM  
Blogger helensarahvaughan said...

it's clear to see where your talent has come from, his way of displaying is charming

1/24/2012 8:34 AM  
Blogger DPLblog said...

Yes, a keen eye for presentation. I've tried giving art works to my parents as gifts, but I think the art is too "heady". They don't know what to do with it. Recently my step-mother commented that they don't have any of my artwork hanging up and it might make a nice holiday gift. I visited them for the holidays that year and found four of my pieces in a closet, and one under a bunch of books! ha ha. She probably forgot they even had them.

1/24/2012 8:48 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Maunder said...

This post made me smile. Thanks for inviting us into another part of your life. It's cool how you were able to highlight parts of the photos on Flickr. I like the way he displayed your cat painting. The pen tray is wonderful too (and dwarf).

1/24/2012 9:02 AM  
Blogger Valerianna said...

I am also blessed with generous and supportive parents! What a wonderful collection of your work your father has. He has a beautiful aesthetic as well. Is that last name Greek? I lived on a small island in Greece for many years painting... familiar sounding name.

1/24/2012 9:11 AM  
Blogger Kerry O'Gorman said...

It's very cool to see where your creativity came from. Your dad likes 'collections' and has a very interesting way of displaying them...thanks for the peek inside.

1/24/2012 9:18 AM  
Blogger dls said...

How fun.... thank for sharing!

1/24/2012 11:13 AM  
Anonymous elizabeyta said...

I just have to say one thing:

Mosaic made with eggshells!?!?!

I would never have thought of that.

Everything is so beautiful. It is lovely to see how your Dad displays your work. He is a little bit proud, yes :)

1/24/2012 11:36 AM  
Anonymous lamina @ do a bit said...

Awwww that is just beautiful and wonderful that he has your art work around him... Love it! :)

1/24/2012 11:37 AM  
Blogger marysza said...

everything is so beautifull.. ahh I'm so jelous of your tallent! :))

1/24/2012 12:08 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

i just adore your dad's place
i would feel so much at home there
he even has kitties

1/24/2012 12:22 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Clearly, your talent and eye for display comes (at least in part!) from your dad!

Gennine, would you mind sharing how you mounted your watercolor kitty on the burlap-looking background?

I bought your stickers and birdie puzzle! Can't wait to modge podge the puzzle to hang in our fun room!

1/24/2012 12:37 PM  
Blogger elpimpi said...

I will just say WOW! :-) You are amazing!

1/24/2012 2:01 PM  
Blogger Nix said...

your Dad is like the coolest dude in the universe!! I loooove his collections. You should so feature him on your blog, an inteview or something.
I absolutely love his style.

1/24/2012 4:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa Graham Art said...

What a precious and sweet post. This put a knot in my throat really. Your Dad must love you a ton and your work too!

1/24/2012 6:44 PM  
Blogger Amanda at 32˙North said...

LOVE the fish rock in the bowl. Super cool to see some of your early work, too.

1/24/2012 9:51 PM  
Blogger Geri Centonze said...

What a wonderful visit to your Dad's house and how heartwarming to see all of your work proudly displayed in his home. Oh, that my Dad were still alive to see my work. ♥

1/24/2012 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Rendell said...

Gennine, thank you for the glimpse into your father's artful home. I know his support and love have benefitted you through the years and even now. I love the way he has displayed everything, I see where you get your talent from.

1/24/2012 10:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy Sice said...

That wall of art and objects is so cool. Love it!

1/25/2012 1:18 AM  
Blogger meandering pearl said...

aaw, that is so wonderful!!! i especially love the fishbowl!!!

1/25/2012 4:16 AM  
Blogger Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

The goldfish stone in that bowl made me genuinely delighted!

1/25/2012 7:30 AM  
Blogger . said...

These pictures and the whole post, just made my day. Your father has wonderful decor taste and you can see how proud he is of you and your work. And I can see where you got the talent from, and what a blessing it is when you have such a supportive parents (with your art). Really love all of it, but the fish in bowl is brilliant idea.

Fantastic post, real treat to read and see on a grey winters day!!!

Mari

1/25/2012 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Maria said...

What a beautiful and heartwarming post. We are all blessed that you share your art and so much other wonderful information with us. I have come across so many great artists through your blog, and just got my very own lovely Studio Morran book. Also fell in love with Anthology Magazine after you Pinned some artwork from their blog. Many thanks to you and to your family for encouraging your creativity!

1/26/2012 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Best Cannabis said...

The cat with the butterflies is easily the coolest piece of art I've seen today. I'll salute the authentic life! Cheers!

1/27/2012 5:33 PM  
Blogger Tere said...

El pez en la pecera posee movimiento y le hace mas real. Me encanta tu trabajo,¡enhorabuena por tu creatividad.

1/28/2012 11:10 AM  
Anonymous normal said...

you ARE blessed. Doing what you love is not always easy but it sure is worth it!

1/30/2012 7:57 AM  
Anonymous christy said...

oh the pride and the love from our parents can still be so HUGE can't it?!! glad you are feeling it again...still.

2/07/2012 8:11 PM  
Blogger Lauren Scheuer said...

What a wonderful tour.

2/13/2012 8:09 AM  
Blogger MrsNat said...

I Love your work; and I have a friend who loves birds and I'd love to win your Valentine heart to give to her.

2/15/2012 8:17 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

How funny, my dad's first name is Gerald, middle is Dennis. :)

4/18/2012 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home