Monday, November 26, 2007

A lotta Lotta

I just recently bough these wonderful books by Lotta Jansdotter
and they're so full of inspiration!
Starting from the left there's
"Simple Sewing", "Travel Style" and "Handmade project"
Inspired by one of the projects in the "Simple Sewing" book
I made this cute and very simple draft snake filled with dry lentils
to keep the chilly winter drafts away.
I used an old pair of jeans and some more
Etsuko Furuya "Echino" fabrics.
And this pretty sun hat that I took with me to Acapulco.
I used a linen/cotton canvas
and lined it with some beautiful
Nani Iro fabric.

You can purchase Lotta's Books at
www.jansdotter.com

...and see some pretty handmade goods inspired by Lotta
in this Flickr Group

9 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Diana Sudyka said...

i love your draft snake! my mom used to make them. i think i just decided that this is what i need to beat a chicago winter.

11/26/2007 3:00 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Um, okay, I have one of those books (and I love it) but now I may need two more!

Love the snake - how long will it stay a draft snake at your house? It would become a "real" snake in about 20 minutes in our house :)

11/26/2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Geninne said...

The temperature inside the little cabin changed considerably with the addition of the draft snake...it really works!

Heehee...I think my boys are too old to play with a fabric snake :( boohoohoo.... I wish they didn't grow up so fast!

11/26/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Ohh it's okay Geninne - you can come share my little one (and my big two) in Massachusetts. Come in the fall and we'll pick apples and make pies!

11/26/2007 5:18 PM  
Blogger Lori Pickert said...

ooh. "handmade project" is on my christmas list!

11/26/2007 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Megan Crow said...

There's an open studio tour of lotta's studio on etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/storque/section/thisHandmadeLife/article/open-studio-tour-with-lotta-jansdotter/270/

11/26/2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Thank you for the offer Kim :) I might take you up on your offer...it sounds just delightful!

You MUST get it Lori, I know you'll love it!

Thank you so much Megan!!!! I loved seeing her in her studio! That is an awesome interview. She's such an inspiration :) And she sounds like such a sweet gal.

11/26/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

I love your snake. I've been thinking of making one as there is a huge draft coming under our living room door! Glad to hear it works!

11/27/2007 3:31 AM  
Blogger Terry Banderas said...

I enjoy your site. Your displays and photography are very nice.

11/28/2007 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home