Friday, November 30, 2007

Hand Carved Stamps Tutorial Part 2




Whew!
The weather has been unseasonably rainy this week
and I thought I wouldn't have time to do Part 2 of the tutorial,
but the sun came out this morning :)
I'll be adding the explanatory text over the weekend
...I didn't want to leave you hangin'
I bet you can even start carving by just looking at the pictures.
This tutorial was done with plain white erasers. you don't need to have
a special carving block to make simple & fun stamps.
Click on the images to see them LARGER
and look at all the details.
Part 3 next week!

Have a lovely weekend friends.

Labels:

41 Lovely Comments:

Blogger ALEJANDRA said...

Hello Geninne! your tutorial it`s very good!! Thanks for this. What material use, another block? In Guatemala don`t have block for this. Can i`use a eraser?

Thanks for your help!!

Many hugs from Guatemala

11/30/2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger zime said...

Gracias Geninne!!! Por tomarte tanto trabajo... este tutorial está increible!!
Un beso
(^v^)

11/30/2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Lori Pickert said...

wonderful tutorial, geninne! :^D

11/30/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Marcela Calderón said...

¡Mis millones de gracias! Tan, pero tan didácticas tus fotos... ni hace falta la explicación escrita! Y a mí me viene bárbaro ver en primer plano los tamaños y formas de las gubias. Mi maridín me las va a comprar esta semana, y como no se consigue la que vos tenés, lo mando con la explicación de cuáles necesitaría... Agradecidísima!
Que tengas un lindo fin de semana!

11/30/2007 6:37 PM  
Blogger flora said...

Thank you Geninne!! I got all the supply I need last week and I am gonna start making some stamps! Hopefully they would turn out alright!!
Your tutorial is so wonderful and clear already without too much explaination! Thank you so much for being so generous!!!
:)

11/30/2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger casey said...

Thank you for this great tutorial!! I am dying to start making my own stamps!! :D

11/30/2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Cyncontemporary said...

Gracias Geninne por el tutorial, esta super super bien tan solo con las fotos te das cuenta. (que bueno que salio el sol no?

Un beso

12/01/2007 12:33 AM  
Blogger ALEJANDRA said...

Me entendiste mi mal inglès? jijij! Hago el intento, pero si no me entendiste mi enredo. Te preguntaba si què otro material es similar al block para hacer el sello, te lo cuento porque averiguè por todos lados en Guatemala, pero parece què nadie tiene idea de lo que hablo.

Gracias por tù ayuda y por tan bien explicado tutorial!!!

Ale

12/01/2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger Veroka said...

Gracias Gennine!!! Siempre tan generosa! genial genial!
besos

12/01/2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Without Fiona of Love Fibre to point the way to you, I would have missed a wonderful site.
I will be going through your archives over the weeks, as what I've seen so far is fabulous.
Thanks for sharing your tute on stamp making.

Have a great Christmas.

12/17/2007 1:12 PM  
Blogger  said...

what a brilliant tutorial, thanks! i am now armed with all the necessary equipment and am going to give it a try!

12/19/2007 12:36 AM  
Blogger mein™ said...

Hello Geninne! Your clearly illustrated tutorial came at a perfect time as I am picking up stamping. I am certainly recommending it to readers! I would dearly recommend the book Enjoy My Handmade Life by Keiko Kuma to beginners too. xoxo

12/21/2007 10:34 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

hi--i just happened upon your lovely blog via sugarloop's post on your block printing post! what a lovely blog, and a wonderful tutorial! it makes me want to run out and get supplies to get carving right away! thank you!

2/23/2008 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Bec said...

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

5/26/2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger the collective said...

what a well-done tutorial! thanks!

librarycollective.blogspot.com

5/27/2008 11:59 AM  
Anonymous ex libris said...

many thanks

=^_^=

6/15/2008 5:18 AM  
Blogger Juddie said...

Thank you for sharing such a great tutorial - I feel inspired to make lots and lots of stamps now!

6/28/2008 12:38 AM  
Blogger Magpie said...

Could your illustrations on your blog BE any cuter?? Thanks for the stamp tutorial!! I think I'd better hit the craft store TONIGHT!! ;)

8/12/2008 8:41 AM  
Blogger Kim Wallace said...

Hi Geninne, thank you for this great tutorial! You inspired me to make some of my own stamps using erasers and it is SOOO much fun to do! I was wondering if it would be ok to write a post about you and use some of your images - of course I will link to your blog :) Cheers, Kim

8/12/2008 9:53 PM  
Blogger SHERISHOPIE said...

greetings from Malaysia! you seriously have such a gorgeous home and website!! really talented!! will you post the hand carved stamps tutorial part 3? i can't wait!!!

10/06/2008 10:03 PM  
Blogger Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

thank you so much for sharing this with us. very cool.

12/04/2008 9:33 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

how great!
I've been wanting to make my own stamps too!

12/13/2008 12:56 PM  
Blogger Living Inspired said...

Geninne, I love your stamps, and this tutorial is great! I have a tutorial on my blog as well, which tells people which lino tips to use. http://livinginspired365.blogspot.com/2008/12/making-rubber-stamps.html

We should host a handmade stamp swap...what do you think?

2/01/2009 11:36 AM  
Blogger belula said...

Thank you so much!!!!!!!.....Great genine!!!

2/12/2009 12:49 AM  
Blogger Mama Mima said...

Hi Geninne, thank you for the tutorial. I just found your blog and I love it! You make amazing hand carved stamps.

3/19/2009 4:16 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

What a great tutorial!

Thank you.

I do have a question though, if I want to make a stamp with a word I've written in calligraphy, how would I go about that? I think I would need to invert it, but I'm not sure I could freehand it backwards for the stamp. I tried using transfer paper but that didn't work out. Have you ever done a word stamp? How did you go about transferring it onto the block?

Thanks!
Laura

3/24/2009 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Ebi Atawodi said...

This floods back so many memories. I made a miniature accordion book with a stamp for each letter saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It got a tad frustrating at some points especially when I reversed the letters. Let's just say the last thing you want is a frustrated artist with an exacto blade and a speedball lino cutter :|

Great work Geninne! I'm so inspired again.

7/18/2009 3:42 PM  
Blogger 可可 said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,情趣用品,情趣,抓姦

9/10/2009 9:35 AM  
Blogger Alicia B said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I just made my first stamp (a leaf) and I had so much fun!

9/15/2009 7:42 PM  
Blogger stage139 said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.

12/09/2009 5:34 AM  
Blogger mumof2heroes said...

Wow Geninne! It's so kind of you to post on the tutorial. Appreciate it!!

3/02/2010 1:14 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

Hi Geninne - I absolutely loved this tutorial. My son is stamp crazy at the moment so I'm definitely going to give it a blast. I've written a post about your tutorial and etsy shop on my blog :^D

4/04/2010 5:27 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Hola Geninne! I just made my first hand carved stamp ever following your tutorial and i think it turned out pretty good too!
Thanks for sharing!
here is the link in case you want to check it out: http://vivalavidabymj.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-first-attempt-to-stamp-carving.html

6/24/2010 10:06 PM  
Blogger zhing said...

awesome! what a fun tutorial! :) thanks for putting it together!

xx,
zhing
littleprojectsinstyle.blogspot.com

2/16/2011 11:17 PM  
Blogger TakeshiDelgado said...

good idea... I will try

7/02/2011 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Here with kristina said...

Such a good Idea!!! I will definately be trying this with my scrap book and crafting!
Thanks!

8/22/2011 9:38 AM  
OpenID carinascrafts said...

Thanks for a great tutorial. Will definitely try this, thanks.

4/28/2013 6:53 PM  
OpenID wolvesinlondon.com said...

Thanks for all your really useful tips. I've been wanting to carve my own stamps for a while now, but have always been put off as it seemed a bit complicated, but your tutorials explain it all very clearly. Can't wait to have a go myself!

11/06/2013 11:56 PM  
Blogger Amust Need said...

that's brilliant stamps Collections.Customized Stampers so good.

2/12/2014 1:53 AM  
Blogger Amust Need said...

that's brilliant blog for online shopping for home products.Customized Stampers is so nice Product.

3/25/2014 12:42 AM  
Blogger Esmeralda Jönsson said...

Geinne, I just came upon your blog, is amazing and full of amazing ideas and beautiful inspiration, thank you for sharing!! I'm in awe of your beautiful art

9/24/2014 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home