Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gourd

On Manolo's chair Big rattle Cour Royale à Tiébélé A few weeks ago while Margie & Arounna were here we visited a tiny market in a nearby town called Villa de Progreso were I found a vendor that had a basket of gourds for sale. The shape of this one really caught my eye. I painted a triangle pattern a la Bookhou with black acrylic ink inspired by this beautifully decorated dwelling from the village of Tiébélé, located in Burkina Faso. Photo by Rita Willaert via Poppytalk.
*The amazing wood chair in the first photo is Manolo's design :-)

12 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Kalei's Best Friend said...

The chair is stunning!. Love the natural finish on it... Your artwork again, amazes me!.

4/29/2012 12:26 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

What a great chair ... and your pattern is really nice :))

4/29/2012 12:30 PM  
Blogger Dorien Ruben said...

It took me a while to realise that that thing was a house.. Amazing.

4/29/2012 2:48 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

when i move to san miquel de allende you can come over and help me paint an interior wall like that:)

4/29/2012 2:54 PM  
Blogger Jan Halvarson said...

Oh wow, how beautiful! And yes wouldn't a wall like this be amazing? If you build it ladies, i will come!

: )

4/29/2012 8:08 PM  
Blogger barbara@sparrowavenue said...

i love your triangle pattern a la A.

4/30/2012 4:17 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I love the gourd AND the chair! You are a talented family!

4/30/2012 8:24 AM  
Blogger suzanne l. vinson said...

love. love. love.

5/02/2012 4:57 PM  
Blogger A Casa de Viver said...

Surprise! Please see: http://www.acasadeviver.com/2012/04/23/as-casas-africanas-de-tiebele/.
It´s my blog and I did the research...
With love.

5/03/2012 4:33 AM  
Anonymous rk said...

I like the gourd! I have a gourd that I have been wanting to paint for a long time. I am not sure if the painting would be as even around the gourd like yours is. Could you please share some tricks on getting the design even around the gourd?

5/08/2012 12:41 PM  
Anonymous juliekesti.com said...

that house is amazing! wow! thank you for sharing.

5/11/2012 3:24 AM  
Blogger BDL Palash said...

Oh wow, how beautiful! And yes wouldn't a wall like this be amazing? If you build it ladies, i will come!

Pictures to paintings
photos to paintings
photo to painting
picture to painting
painting from photo

5/23/2012 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home