Friday, April 13, 2012

Feathers from Friends

Inkwell
Feathers and toes
Barbs up close
Feathers
Pomegranate flowers
They've all flown from far away places to live with me.
Some have been delivered in person & others by post over the years.
Each one a treasured gift. Thank you friends! You know me well.
That gorgeous cobalt blue vintage inkwell is a gift by my sweet friend Margie.
and those orange beauties in the last photo are pomegranate calyxes
from my friend Julia's tree in San Miguel.

32 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Kalei's Best Friend said...

gorgeous feathers!.... as well as your art on that stone....

4/13/2012 9:08 AM  
Blogger Valerianna said...

Oh, I have a thing for feathers, too.... I once was the steward of an enormous collection of feathers from all over the world. From HUGE condor feathers to teeny tiny hummingbird feathers. I felt gifted with a sort of feather prayer blessing, it was truly remarkable. Sadly, they had to return to the naturalist who collected them.

If you would like to see a sample of the larger ones, go to: http://ravenwoodforestarts.com/?page_id=136
and scroll down...

4/13/2012 9:10 AM  
Blogger Ilona said...

Oh, so impressive!

I adore the colours and shapes.

4/13/2012 9:32 AM  
Blogger eli said...

Divinísimas Geninne! qué tesoros!

4/13/2012 11:11 AM  
Blogger Silvina {Enlunada} said...

Bellísimas!!! : La foto del tintero es un sueño: perfecta combinación de la creación del hombre y la nauraleza!!!

4/13/2012 1:42 PM  
Blogger francesca said...

bellissime....come dipinte.
francesca

4/13/2012 1:50 PM  
Anonymous lynda Howells said...

l love your feathersx l too collect feathers but nothing as beautiful as yours. I LOVE your stone painting tooxx I love visiting your blogx lyndax

4/13/2012 1:54 PM  
Blogger Julie Clay Illustration said...

Beautiful feathers, I too collect feathers, I don't know what it is about them, they are delicate yet strong. Yours are so colourful. They will be fabulous to paint.

4/13/2012 2:13 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

What a beautiful collection. I would love to know th bird names of some of them especialy the spotty, red-orange and the blues. Love the stone, too.
Jenni

4/13/2012 2:20 PM  
Blogger JooJoo said...

Those feathers are gorgeous! Love the small blue ones :o) How precious!

4/13/2012 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Mary Jo Hoffman said...

Oh my! Such a fun collection. Geninne, what are those small striped blue ones from? I adore them.
Mary Jo

4/13/2012 3:25 PM  
Blogger mandarinux said...

Wonderful!!!!!

4/13/2012 3:46 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

hey girl, with so many feathers you really must be a bird:)

4/13/2012 4:21 PM  
Anonymous gina rossi armfield said...

oh be still my heart!! I love feathers and love to paint them! What a fabulous collection - I may just have to borrow your idea and asked friends to send some my way as well ;)

4/13/2012 8:44 PM  
Blogger hafsa said...

Ausome art your work is very nice
Very Nice Work

4/13/2012 10:07 PM  
Blogger hafsa said...

this blog is very nice and his or her art is excellent.

4/13/2012 10:08 PM  
Blogger Claudia Martínez said...

Cada pluma, tan hermosas y perfectas. Que buenos amigos haha ojala mis amigos me regalaran esa clase de cosas hermosas.
Saludos, como siempre tu blog me causa un choque de alegrías.

4/13/2012 11:29 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Feathers work on so many levels; far better than any plastic shop-bought souvenir, something easy to carry and hold and a symbol of flight and freedom. What a great way to share with folk from around the world.

4/14/2012 6:08 AM  
Blogger donna said...

OMG! My foot twin! My mother makes fun of my toes...still. She calls them short. I call them pretty. lol

4/14/2012 6:35 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I have never seen spotted feathers.
Laura

4/14/2012 8:26 AM  
Anonymous barbara in NJ said...

Hi Geninne, I LOVE your blog. And I love feathers...I wanted to "pin" them, but I can't seem to...any ideas? Or do you not want them pinned?

4/14/2012 8:33 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Maunder said...

Your beautiful palette surrounds you in so many ways.

4/14/2012 9:57 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

never get tired of blues and browns - always so great together!

4/14/2012 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Michaelanne said...

ALL of your collections are gorgeous:) You have such incredible talent...in SO many ways..I LOVE visiting here..I am ALWAYS inspired!!! XXXOOO

4/15/2012 6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so very beautiful.
-mari

4/16/2012 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Amylynn McDevitt said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR FEATHER COLLECTION. I STARTED ONE A FEW YEARS BACK AND ALSO HAVE A COLLECTION IN A SMALL VASE. I ALSO COLLECT BIRD'S NESTS. I HAVE ONE NEST MADE FROM OUR BELOVED NOW PASSED GOLDEN RETRIEVER'S SOFT BROWN HAIR. IT WAS PERFECT FOR THE BABY BIRDS. GLAD TO KNOW HE COULD SHARE SOME OF THAT FUR FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL USE!

4/16/2012 4:33 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Such beautiful feathers! I love the blue ones!

4/16/2012 12:22 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

gorgeous!!!

4/16/2012 11:13 PM  
Blogger Chelsea Anne said...

I love these photos!!!

4/25/2012 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Flowers Toronto said...

Awesome pictures.Your are done great job here.thank you so much.



Flowers Toronto

5/01/2012 3:40 AM  
Blogger BDL Palash said...

years ago I saw a series where
a photographer had found relatives of
people who posed for john singer sargent paintings and
he took photos of them that were reminiscent of the original pictures.
they were quite wonderful.

Pictures to paintings
photos to paintings
photo to painting
picture to painting
painting from photo

5/06/2012 11:13 AM  
Blogger Hafsa said...

Nice..so impressive
sms

11/02/2012 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home