Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Winged Migration Show

Winged
Invite
penguin
abigailbird
Margiebirds
The Winged Migration group show curated by my dear friend Margie
at Bookhou in Toronto starts today!
There are 12 original watercolor of mine plus painted rocks
in collaboration with Margie and prints for sale along with
beautiful bird sculptures from Abigail Brown,
the cutest rookery of penguins by Abby Glassenberg,
amazing textile art by Arounna Khounnoraj
& exquisite hand stitched birdies by Margaret Oomen
I'll be attending the closing reception July 22, 6-9 pm,
I'd love to meet you if you're in the neighborhood!

All the gorgeous photos were taken by Margie
.

31 Lovely Comments:

OpenID aracelisrandomness said...

Hi Geninne, wouldn`t miss this amazing show for the world. I`m down to attend the one-day workshop and am excited to meet you then.
Nos vemos pronto,
Araceli

6/29/2011 9:02 AM  
Blogger holly aka golly said...

Congratulations Geninne! What a charming group! Have fun flying north to meet your flock!

6/29/2011 9:02 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Thanks so much Holly :)

Qué bien Araceli! Me dará muchísimo gusto conocerte. Seguro que pasaremos un tiempo estupendo :)

6/29/2011 9:05 AM  
Blogger Monica Fe said...

Magari abitarti vicino.......mi piacerebbe tanto vedere la tua mostra e conoscerti!!!! Un bacio, Monica (Ferrara, Italy)
Maybe live near ....... I would love to see your show and meet you!! A kiss, Monica (Ferrara, Italy)

6/29/2011 9:32 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Just beautiful!! I hope you are all blessed richly with a fantastic show. :)

May I ask where you got your frames for your artwork, I just love them.

Teresa

6/29/2011 9:44 AM  
Blogger Kye Sangha said...

How beautiful! I so wish I was closer!

6/29/2011 10:16 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Seus pássaros sempre encantam.
Beijos

6/29/2011 10:20 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

be still my beating heart. I would be there..... if only I could.

6/29/2011 10:35 AM  
Blogger Heather T. said...

Wonderful to see all these styles together. I hope you have a fabulous time in Toronto!

6/29/2011 10:38 AM  
Blogger The Dayton clan said...

I love the beautiful blues and purples in the first picture

6/29/2011 11:37 AM  
Blogger Halina said...

So nice to see you post something again! Kind of missed it... The watercolors are stunning (as always). Wish I'd had the chance to catch a glimphs of the show.

6/29/2011 12:21 PM  
Blogger Nauli said...

Congrats! Must be exciting participating there. Looks like curation was very well done. Wish you a great success.

6/29/2011 12:27 PM  
Blogger tinajo said...

How fun - and these images are wonderful! :-)

6/29/2011 12:42 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I'm so excited to see this gorgeousness in person. Can't wait!

6/29/2011 1:00 PM  
Blogger NanaBeast said...

Geninne,

I have been following Margie since 2008 and you since 2009. I love being introduced to so many fine and inspirational artists through you two. One little thing has been plaguing me for quite awhile. How do you pronounce Arounna Khounnora and Bookhou? I am embarrassed to ask this, but I am desperate to know. It is important to me. Thank you for helping me out with this (when you get the chance, of course!)

6/29/2011 1:05 PM  
Blogger eli said...

Aaah qué preciosa tu bandada! amo tus aves Geninne! Qué lujito para los que puedan acercarse a disfrutar del arte de semejante grupo!

6/29/2011 1:28 PM  
Anonymous lamina @ do a bit said...

Wow that looks just beautiful!!! Wish I could go :)

6/29/2011 2:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Congratulations, looks to be a lovely show (and wouldn't I love to go back to Toronto!). Be well!

6/29/2011 2:35 PM  
Blogger P.C.E said...

Beautiful work! and congrats on the show :D

6/29/2011 5:53 PM  
Blogger secdus said...

I wish i am there but i am living in İstanbul:)
I really miss your posts through June.But i welcomed allthe days with your june calendar on my desktop.
Thats great you turned back!

6/29/2011 10:49 PM  
Blogger Christiane said...

wow this looks all great!
Congrats!

PS I have a giveaway on my blog:
http://christianeengel.blogspot.com/2011/06/4th-of-july-giveaway.html

6/30/2011 3:32 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi Geninne,

Your artwork looks amazing. I really like the painting on the right on the handmade paper.
I hope the Toronto show will be successful and lots of fun.

6/30/2011 5:57 AM  
Anonymous Laura A. said...

Lucky me. My school is just north of Bookhou, so yesterday I dropped by before class. Even better I was able to snag a beautiful bird jar made by you and M. If only I could have gone to your workshop. But school calls.

6/30/2011 7:22 AM  
Blogger Kim Franklin said...

As always your work puts a smile on my face, the variety of colors and shapes is amazing. Congrats on the show, much of luck my friend.

- Much Love, Trashy Crafter

6/30/2011 7:57 AM  
Blogger Leonie said...

That's amazing, I'd almost suggest you take blogging breaks more often, but I'd miss your updates too much. I also wish I could beam myself to Toronto on July 22nd! :)

6/30/2011 8:02 AM  
OpenID curlygirlpress said...

You all have done the most beautiful work. I'm sorry to miss the show (Oregon just isn't close enough to Toronto!).

6/30/2011 9:27 AM  
Anonymous laurad said...

I've never seen anything like he bird sculptures by Abigail Brown. They're amazing! Thanks for sharing the link.

6/30/2011 12:21 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Hansen said...

love your framed pieces in natural oak...looks really lovely!!

love the bird sculptures too!!

6/30/2011 4:30 PM  
Blogger swig said...

great collection! greetings from paris!

7/01/2011 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Rupa said...

Oh my, I visit Toronto often from US but I will be out of the country when you are in Canada! I wish I could meet you. May be next time.

7/01/2011 11:24 AM  
Blogger kasija milenkovic said...

Dear Miss Geninne, your art is so unique, colors so positive.Best regard from Kasija Milenkovic.

7/11/2011 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home