Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Old Treasures

Old Treasures
I'm back home with so many beautiful memories of my trip to visit my mom & brother! These are a few of the invaluable things I brought back from Chile.
The Loot
My mom and I had so much fun going through all the old letters she has been keeping for years. I brought back some of my favorites, old family records, photos and a few really beautiful antiques my mom wanted me to have like an old ostrich egg, a few pieces of silver my mom's had for ever & the wood box to keep all the treasures.
Vintage ink pen nibs
This is a beautiful box full of ink pen nibs I found at an antiques shop in Santiago.
It was still sealed and in perfect condition. Perfect for my white acrylic ink.

20 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Abigail Shaw said...

What a great collection of things! I love family keepsakes. Even from other families.

4/27/2011 4:44 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

the most important treasure you brought home was YOU!!

4/27/2011 5:13 PM  
Blogger Gustavo Aimar said...

Si si, un tesoro verdadero, con todas las letras!!

4/27/2011 7:15 PM  
Blogger nanditark said...

a true treasure to be seen daily ( at least for a few days , till it is stored once again in wooden boxes--- only to be found out by our kids---'' then it will be their treasure'')

i've also told my parents that in my next visit i'll bring some of these type of old memories ,for my daughters'. For they must also see how was my younger days----and some this & that etc. ......


http://nanditark-lifeiscrafty.blogspot.com/

4/27/2011 7:23 PM  
Blogger Janet Ghio said...

All those nibs!! What a find!!

4/27/2011 7:40 PM  
Blogger Fanie.ca said...

I really love thoses antique pen nibs. :-) They are made to be use and I'm sure you will make good use of them. Such a precious drawing gift!

4/27/2011 9:09 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

What wonderful treasures you brought home. I love the pocket planner my daughter bought for me, my daughter-in-law and another friend of ours. I keep it with me at all times and every so often just take it out to look through - your work is beautiful as is your home. Don't know why, but until I read more, I thought you lived in Spain. Thank you for sharing your lovely work.

4/27/2011 10:20 PM  
Blogger tinajo said...

This is a real treasure - how great! I have some things from my grandparents and such that I really love to look at in between. The best thing though is my dad´s aunt´s diary from around 1930 - so awesome to see her thoughts as a middle aged woman (she has now passed since many years)! :-)

4/27/2011 10:35 PM  
Blogger Os Bugs said...

To find these kind of trasures makes the heart happy! I'm happy for you! Enjoy!I can imagine the beautiful art pieces you will create with them!

4/28/2011 8:10 AM  
Blogger rkramadh said...

How wonderful to find/bring these treasures back. I brought all my family childhood pics (on a CD) since my parents weren't yet willing to part with the old b/w pics of all the children. I can't believe you found those nibs, they were just meant to be found by you! What a perfect match for someone like you!

4/28/2011 11:27 AM  
Blogger The Muse of The Day said...

These are all beautiful treasures. I imagine, too, that the spot in your heart that belongs to Chile is safe and sound - a treasure for sure. Carolina

4/28/2011 12:25 PM  
Blogger Hibbidyhai said...

Wow those are amazing!

4/28/2011 8:25 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Great treasures...I am a calligrapher and I was so excited to see the nibs...they don't make them like that anymore...now they are made so much cheaper....enjoy!

1,001 Blessings...Deborah

4/28/2011 9:56 PM  
Blogger Chris Davies said...

What a wonderful life you have! Thanks for sharing. Chris

4/29/2011 12:44 PM  
Blogger Ilustrasole said...

Yerre!!!sabia q era Chile! Como lo encontradte después de tantos anos. Pasare x Santiago?

4/29/2011 7:36 PM  
Blogger Pretty Things said...

Oh the pen nibs are great!

4/29/2011 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Lolo said...

Aww you brought back some lovely things. Those pen nibs are a great find too!

4/30/2011 6:17 AM  
Blogger ale said...

hola geninne!!!! qué viaje tan lindo y tan sentido!! es tan lindo chile....tenes que volar más seguido!!!!te mando un beso gigante y ya imagino como vas a disfrutar de tus TESOROS!!!!!!!!besos enormes!

4/30/2011 9:27 AM  
OpenID floatingink said...

Wow-seeing that box of pen nibs made my heart skip a beat . . .

4/30/2011 9:35 AM  
Blogger Jane Farr said...

Vintage nibs....lucky! :)

5/02/2011 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home