Thursday, November 18, 2010

Books, Book & more Books

LibraryBooks
Since we moved into the blue house I hadn't been able to organize our books.
They were covered in dust and in a sad, sad state of neglect.
So I folded up my sleeves & finally dusted each and every one of them
and organized them by subject. Of course Turbo was there to help.
They look so happy now!
'Water Paper Paint' sneak peek
And speaking of happy books... I'm thrilled to announce that
my birdies are in Heather's amazing new book!
I am honored to have contributed a couple of my watercolor paintings
to the Gallery section of Water Paper Paint.
Isn't that the prettiest book cover ever? I can't wait to get my own copy.
I absolutely love Heather's work and I'm glad to own a few of her originals.
I highly recommend you visit her blog and stop by her shop.
Book sneak peek photo by Heather Smith Jones

21 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Škorčica said...

"Understanding Border Collies" - haha - is there a book called "Understanding Zoja - the little cunning mutt"? I think I would need something like that, too! :)

Congratulation on the book feature - looks great!

11/19/2010 2:26 PM  
Blogger Silvana's Second Thoughts said...

Your books look very organized indeed!Great work! :O) & Congrats on the new contribution as well!! It looks fantastic! ;O) xo

11/19/2010 2:57 PM  
Blogger Michele from Pipi La La said...

It all looks so gorgeous. I am particularly interested in the book, Paintings of the Birds of New Zealand, being a kiwi myself. :)

Beautiful stuff as always, Gennine. :)

11/19/2010 3:24 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Beautiful shofar, Geninne! Your books look so cozy and inviting on their shelves. I love the selection!

11/19/2010 4:20 PM  
Blogger Pretty Things said...

Your books made me salivate -- I just had a library built onto the house and have floor-to-ceiling bookcases. I LOVE books and anyone with this many is good people in my book!

11/19/2010 5:04 PM  
Blogger blue china studio said...

Oh, you have a wonderful library. What a diversity of subjects!

And congrats on the new book pages. I'll keep my eye open for it at the bookstore.

11/19/2010 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

Oh, your art, your home, your son and your succulents and cacti are all beautiful. thank you so much for sharing your life through your blog.

11/19/2010 6:22 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

AMAZING blog - came across it through Creature Comforts, and am so excited that I found you! So inspired right now...want to make my own stamps for the holidays! Have all the supplies in my craft bin, and want to start sketching asap! following you on Bloglovin' & Google Friend Connect - can't wait to see what you post next!

~Kirsten
http://triplemaxtons.blogspot.com

11/19/2010 7:57 PM  
Blogger Romina said...

what a lovely library and I love the bookshelf, looking forward to check out the book :)

11/19/2010 7:58 PM  
Blogger karen said...

apropos

http://www.etsy.com/shop/janemount?ref=top_trail

11/19/2010 10:01 PM  
Blogger Sleepandhersisters said...

Congratulations on being included in Heather's new book!

wow so cool to see you have a book on New Zealand birds, just like me!!!

11/19/2010 11:07 PM  
Blogger Frau Mayer said...

Just pre-ordered the book because a book with you in it has to be gorgeous!

11/20/2010 6:42 AM  
Blogger dls said...

Good ole Turbo..... you can certainly count on him.

11/20/2010 7:59 AM  
Blogger ariadne said...

Congrats once again!Looking forward to seeing your book!Ariadne from Greece!

11/20/2010 9:17 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I will be getting a bookshelf for my birthday this year and I couldn't be happier about that. Up until now my books have been lining the hallways of my home(s).

I do so like looking at all of your book titles...and seeing the friendly doggie. :)

Congrats on your continued Success!!! How grand is your life, eh?!

11/20/2010 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Kathryn said...

Beautiful book and beautiful bookcase! I hope one day to have a wall of shelves in my living room to show off our collection too.

11/20/2010 5:11 PM  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

Congratulations! Felicidades!

Por cierto; me encanta la luz que entra por vuestras ventanas.

11/21/2010 12:14 PM  
Blogger Gustavo Aimar said...

Qué lindo se ve el libro!! Felicitaciones amiga.
Y qué ganas de revisar una tarde entera esa biblioteca!

11/26/2010 5:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent and passion with us!

5/05/2011 7:12 AM  
Blogger k. berkeley said...

I never appreciated water color art until I stumbled across you...mixed media is my bag but I look to you everyday for my inspirations!

5/05/2011 7:59 AM  
Blogger Rosie Tremain said...

hello lovely bird lady - i luurve your pictures - they make me happy!! Rosie from England `;0

5/05/2011 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home