Saturday, July 24, 2010

Calm Before the Storm

Found
-Little treasures found on today's walk with Turbo.
Seaweed Stamp
-Hand carved rubber stamps inspired by old seaweed pressings that I made today.
Coral Stamp
This is the calm before the storm...
We will be moving into our new house next weekend!
This might be the last creative project I'll be able to squeeze in until we're all settled.
I'll be taking a long break from my web life (blog, facebook, flickr, etsy...)
but I will be back mid August with lots of new photos to share with you!
I will be checking my email occasionally from a nice café.
Can't believe we're packing again...Au revoir...for a little while :)

62 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Congratulations! Hope the move goes smoothly and your house feels like a home quickly. Enjoy this big step.
:)

7/24/2010 7:16 PM  
Blogger Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

I love the setup of that first photo. Congrats on the new digs! Moving is so difficult while you're its midst and so rewarding once you're finished! Enjoy decorating!

7/24/2010 8:12 PM  
Blogger Ani Lew said...

Are you familiar with the photography of Karl Blossfeldt? If not -- you would love the simple patterns that he captures in plants.

7/24/2010 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Belle Lynne said...

How exciting for you and your family!!! We'll miss you but such is the way of needful things! Looking forward to your return in the middle of August!

7/24/2010 8:36 PM  
Blogger Jane Wilson said...

we will miss ya!

jane

7/24/2010 9:09 PM  
Blogger Mlle Paradis said...

Good luck with it all! Yes all that packing and unpacking cannot be fun! Always love your rubber stamps. Have a great week!

7/24/2010 9:48 PM  
Blogger lj said...

mucha suerte y muchos ánimos querida geninne!!

7/24/2010 9:52 PM  
Blogger GLENDA said...

Geninne! Felicidades por tu nueva casa!! Que emocionante! Te deseo mucha suerte junto con tu familia! Te voy a extrañaaar!! =)

Glen...!

7/24/2010 10:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah Coggrave said...

When I saw that first picture, I initially thought it was a face! Such lovely finds though. Good luck with the move.

Sarah x

7/24/2010 11:17 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Good luck with everything. I will miss your regular posts, but look forward to seeing some from your new house.

7/25/2010 12:48 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Love the seaweed inspired stamps - I must try seaweed pressing, since I live by the sea.

Good luck with your packing and move. Packing's a nightmare, but you're moving into your lovely new home, so it's all worth it.

Have fun and take care

Sam x

7/25/2010 1:01 AM  
Blogger **EYE-SNACKS** said...

I hope the moving is smooth and you feel quikcly at home in you new house.
This time you have again wonderful pictures ! I love them.

Good luck and take care !

7/25/2010 1:01 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

I always start my morning with hot mug of coffee and your blog post. Looks like I'm gonna miss that from tomorrow.....Good luck and looking forward to your return!

All the best and have fun ;)

7/25/2010 2:22 AM  
Blogger percreare said...

buon trasbordo, anch'io sono in fase di trasloco ...............ci rivediamo presto

7/25/2010 3:42 AM  
Blogger Vicki Holdwick said...

My first impulse is to shout, "Oh no, I am so going to miss you!" And then I realize how selfish that is, so instead I say,"I sure hope your move goes smoothly and am looking forward to seeing you again when you return."

xoxo

7/25/2010 4:09 AM  
Blogger Dyche Designs said...

Love those hand carved stamps. Good luck with the move.

7/25/2010 4:10 AM  
Anonymous Lucy Patterson :: HANDS-ON said...

Happy moving!! i hope everything goes really smoothly for your family as you settle into your beautiful new home

: ) Lucy

7/25/2010 4:12 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Anthony said...

Beautiful collection of treasures including your hand carved stamps!

7/25/2010 4:19 AM  
Anonymous Lori said...

hope your move goes smoothly. :^)

i was thinking that if i had to move as often as you do, i would probably pare my belongings down to only what was absolutely necessary. it would probably be very good for me...

love your coral stamps. i just unearthed a vintage book about coral yesterday; i'll try to snap a pic for flickr. ;^)

xoxo

7/25/2010 4:46 AM  
Blogger simply blue said...

Waiting until mid August for a new post is an eternity~! Love your stamps...will be looking forward to new photos of the hacienda!

7/25/2010 4:54 AM  
Blogger Gumnut said...

You'll be missed. Hurry back :D

Good luck with the move.

And thanks for introducing me to this 'create your own stamp' medium. I didn't know it existed and now I do, I'm thinking of all the possibilities. I'll be hunting it down at my next art supplies visit.

Best wishes,
Nutty
(a newbie here, but enjoying every minute)

7/25/2010 5:00 AM  
Anonymous Kip said...

I believe that you are a prodigiously talented painter, but your true genius -- the gift you have that no one on earth comes close to matching -- is the arrangement of environments. Honestly, you are the Caravaggio of desk drawers, picture walls and bookshelves! Although I'll miss your blog for a while, knowing that you'll return with photos of a whole new house makes it all good.
Good luck! Can't wait until you return!

7/25/2010 6:20 AM  
Blogger blue china studio said...

Good luck with your move Geninne!
I'm looking forward to seeing your new home.

7/25/2010 6:23 AM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

those new stamps are so gorgeous
xo

7/25/2010 6:26 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Au revoir mon amie :) Love the rubber stamps and look forward to your return. Best of luck with the move :)

7/25/2010 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Moose said...

Happy moving...and as always don't forget to pet the dog!
Tail wags,
~moose

7/25/2010 7:13 AM  
Blogger PrairieGarden-Liane said...

take care!
you are one of the most prolific artists, I am sure you will have amazing photos to share. Can't wait!
Liane

7/25/2010 8:00 AM  
Blogger Carlene said...

Eh, you're good at this moving thing...you don't need any luck...

Looking forward to seeing your new space! Caravaggio of desk drawers indeed!

xo

C

7/25/2010 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to give your new house, and yourselves, a special blessing when you move in:). We will miss you until you return.
Elaine

7/25/2010 11:00 AM  
Blogger SKIZO said...

Fascinating work.
It has been delightful
to visit your gallery.
Good Creations

7/25/2010 11:55 AM  
Blogger ale said...

querida geninne!te vamos a extrañar !!y te deseo aunque sea una mudanza de mucho trabajo, que sea llena de diversion e ilusión!! en que lugar maravilloso van a vivir! asique segura va a ser todo lindo!!!..me encantaron esas minie uvitas que juntaste y los sellos ...unas bellezas!! muy feliz descanso geninne y aqui te esperamos!!!!!!!!besos a toda la familia!!

7/25/2010 2:27 PM  
Blogger ale said...

querida geninne!te vamos a extrañar !!y te deseo aunque sea una mudanza de mucho trabajo, que sea llena de diversion e ilusión!! en que lugar maravilloso van a vivir! asique segura va a ser todo lindo!!!..me encantaron esas minie uvitas que juntaste y los sellos ...unas bellezas!! muy feliz descanso geninne y aqui te esperamos!!!!!!!!besos a toda la familia!!

7/25/2010 2:27 PM  
Blogger Lillabilly said...

Hope you have an "incident free" move and really enjoy your settling in time! I'll be looking forward to mid August (along with everyone else, I think!) I know you will have absolutely no time to answer this but I'd love to know more about seaweed pressing - is it done the same as flower pressing or differently 'cause the seaweed is wetter? I'm intrigued!!

7/25/2010 4:31 PM  
Blogger Cherry.Tree.Girl said...

I love all the little goodies you found on your walk. And congratulations on your new house. How exciting! :)

Have a great Sunday.

7/25/2010 6:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

We'll miss you. Have a happy move and a relaxing break and I'll look forward to mid August, can't wait to see the new house.

7/26/2010 5:14 AM  
Anonymous Yulendys said...

Genine, la primera foto cada vez que la veo me parece un flautista...

Te echaremos de menos. Bendiciones infinitas para ti, tu familia y todo tu alrededor.

Éxitos y no tardes.

:-)

7/26/2010 12:51 PM  
Blogger arounna said...

I wish you a great move - I can't wait to see more pics of your place.
love the colours of the stamp.
xx

7/26/2010 1:59 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Good luck! I think I might be the only person on earth who actually LOVES moving. I guess it's organization freak in me - I love it!

I hope everything goes smoothly during the move :)

7/26/2010 3:39 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

May your move truly be a jump start for more creativity for your whole family. God Bless You!

7/26/2010 4:30 PM  
Blogger Dajda said...

The stamps are very pretty.

Have a good time moving houses, I'll be waiting impatiently for your next blog post!

7/27/2010 2:57 AM  
Anonymous Christine d'Anecdotes said...

I'll miss you and will be glad to hear from you again mid august. "Courage" for the move and enjoy the change and the new house ! xxx

7/27/2010 3:27 AM  
Blogger Tabuena arts central said...

Good luck!!!

7/27/2010 4:15 AM  
Blogger Ilustrasole said...

Te estaremos esperando...Nueva cas, nuevos sueños!!
Suerte

7/27/2010 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Katie said...

i love your blog ,how do you ink these giant stamps :-]

7/27/2010 4:51 PM  
Blogger Mandy Saile of Bijou's Whimsy said...

Good Luck with the move Geninne.

7/27/2010 5:58 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

good luck with the move!

7/28/2010 1:46 AM  
Blogger Cynthia at A Shimmy In My Spirit said...

Wishing you the best in your move and I look forward to your new posts in August.

7/28/2010 10:23 PM  
Blogger FimoeArames said...

Good luck with the changes, I hope everything goes well! Return soon!

7/29/2010 6:54 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Best wishes on your move..... may it be your last one!!

7/30/2010 7:34 PM  
Blogger KindredSpirit said...

your stamps are just amazing. i lose patience!

7/31/2010 8:24 AM  
Blogger Nantucket Mermaid said...

Good luck! Thanks for the sketch book project post...I signed up and told my artist Son and his gal about it. I chose "Night Time Stories"...Can't wait to see your new studio! :)----<

8/01/2010 5:14 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Listing: http://www.etsy.com/listing/39937358/lovebirds-print

Hi Geninne,

Do you still have any editions of the Lovebirds Print that you had listed on Etsy before? I have had it saved in my Favourites for at least a year. My Husband and I are now expecting our first baby and would love the print for the baby's room.

Please let me know.

Many thanks,
Rowan
rowan.benjamin@bonhams.com
rowanbenjamin1@gmail.com

8/01/2010 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Mylittlegreatworld said...

Casa nueva = vida nueva !
Mucha suerte !

8/02/2010 9:44 AM  
Blogger Tabuena arts central said...

Love the effects!

8/04/2010 4:32 AM  
Anonymous Marcia said...

Basta de vacaciones!
Gennine, extrañamos tus diarios posteos!!!
Espero que en agosto llenes nuestras retinas de pajaritos.
Besos desde Argentina!
Marcia

8/04/2010 6:50 AM  
Blogger Škorčica said...

I wish you good luck at your move, many happy hours decorating and that the new house would have as much positive and creative energy as the old one had obviously! :)

8/05/2010 2:58 AM  
Anonymous ArtShades said...

Good luck Geninne, enjoy setting up your new home and we look forward to seeing what you've been up in a few weeks..... Sarah

8/05/2010 1:28 PM  
Blogger monkeyandsquirrel said...

good luck with the move... can't wait to see some pics :)

8/09/2010 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Glass*Plant said...

I just found your site. It is wonderful. I love these stamps! So beautiful.

Good luck with your move.

8/09/2010 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Nettie said...

The Sara Maida book cover is a reminder of the inspiration that I get from the wonder-full art that artists share with those of us who are looking for a way to fullfill our art desires. YOU are one of my inspirations. Thank you for sharing.

8/14/2010 10:15 PM  
Blogger Asha Jamwal said...

The idea is awesome! Thank's for sharing it.

Golden Stitch

2/22/2012 4:10 AM  
Anonymous Sales Presentations said...

Thank you so much for sharing this piece of information.
I am glad that I came across it.
Sales Presentations

5/26/2013 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home