Friday, March 05, 2010

Magnolias

Magnolias digital collage
I created this digital collage using some drawings I made yesterday,
while fascinated by the beauty of these amazing, big, bold flowers.
Magnolias
I scanned & isolated the line drawings in the computer,
placed them on a digital background and played around a little :)
I've found numerous little shops @ Etsy where you can purchase
digital backgrounds & vintage images. You can go take a peek by clicking here

Thank you for your sweet words on the passing of my mom's beloved kitty.
She was very moved by your kindness :)

28 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Anabel Fournier said...

Love these!!! great job :-))

3/05/2010 6:49 AM  
Blogger lejardengirl said...

these are so perfect...love love..

3/05/2010 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Becky@ Daily On My Way To Heaven said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

3/05/2010 7:09 AM  
Blogger Caterina Pérez said...

oooooh! beautiful! ...se ve súper delicado...

3/05/2010 7:13 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

You are an inspiration!

3/05/2010 7:20 AM  
Blogger Carola Zajdman said...

Qué bueno esto !! ahora voy a leer lo de Chile de tu amiga, a ver qué podemos hacer, es muy triste. Besos

3/05/2010 8:04 AM  
Blogger Eliane Zimmermann said...

linda!!!! i just stumbled over your gorgeous blog, so beautiful. and just today i wrote about the worst earthquake ever while my parents and little me were living in chile... fuerza chile!!!

3/05/2010 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Beautiful! What kind of software do you need to do this? Is it photoshop? Would photoshop elements be enough for this kind of process (I don't have any of this kind of software and wondering what would be good to buy)? Thanks.

3/05/2010 8:52 AM  
Blogger chrissy said...

i just wanted to say thank you so very much for always being willing to share your knowledge. i keep watching your videos on the painting of the bird. it captures me! thank you for taking the time to make it and edit it. i love what you.ve done with your magnolia.s. does everyone know what "isolating" is? or is it just me in the dark. just if you ever get a moment, i.d love to know how to isolate.
thanks for your blog.
it always inspires.
c

www.chrissygardner.blogspot.com

3/05/2010 9:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa ONeill said...

I've followed your work on Etsy for sometime now - just love it - linked you in my blog today www.athreadfromtheedge.blogspot.com

3/05/2010 9:27 AM  
Anonymous kirsten said...

I love this. We planted a magnolia tree two years ago, and we're hoping it will get flowers this year (it's still pretty little). Love your work.

3/05/2010 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Matti said...

That is a sweet work. I finally learned a bit about Magnolias two weeks ago. I had no idea their flower pedals can be slipper like a banana peel. Matti

3/05/2010 2:02 PM  
Blogger Jorgelina said...

Que lindo...
Todo el blog tiene una onda fantastica.
Cariños

3/05/2010 2:08 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

i really love it when you play around with images

3/05/2010 5:56 PM  
Blogger 總共多少 said...

nice to know you ~........................................

3/06/2010 2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Da un po' non passavo, ma è sempre bellissimo visitare la "tua casa"...complimenti...sei davvero bravissima! Monica Ferrara Italy

3/06/2010 7:38 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

such beautiful drawings of my favorite tree flower! our neighbors have a tulip magnolia, the flowers are a beautiful pink & white, they bloom in the winter here. here's a photo of them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwen/327375469/

3/06/2010 2:45 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Sorry to hear about your mothers cat but very glad that your family is all ok.
I love your digital images,they look great and so real.Beautiful work :)

3/06/2010 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Debra said...

I'm so sorry to read about your mom losing her kitty. Our pets are our babies and they become so much apart of our families. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

3/06/2010 5:48 PM  
Blogger Heather T. said...

Beautiful!!

3/06/2010 7:51 PM  
Blogger marie-louise said...

Super, I really like your style!

3/07/2010 11:24 AM  
Blogger Suki said...

Geninne,
Thank you for continuing to be such an abundant source of creative inspiration. Just wanted to let you know I linked to you re: your amazing calendar. Which inspired me to make my own. http://birdseyeviewstudio.blogspot.com/2010/03/this-years-calendar.html

Thanks!
suki

3/07/2010 5:33 PM  
Blogger Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Magnolias sure are stunning flowers and your lovely drawings have truly done them justice. What a fantastic idea to make them into a digital collage, I shall have to look into that.

3/07/2010 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Kerri said...

Your drawings are exquisite! I love how you manipulate them with photo shop too.

3/08/2010 12:40 AM  
Blogger Minimellow said...

I really like that old looking paper background, flowers look so pretty on it :-)

3/08/2010 4:07 AM  
Blogger Casi said...

I love what you did with the background color on the flower!

3/12/2010 7:34 PM  
Blogger tingting said...

Your article is very good.I like it very much.
puma ferrari shoes
cheap nike shoes
puma shoes
ferrari shoes
nike shox nz
Ugg Boots
nike 360 air max
nike shox shoes
cheap puma shoes
puma drift cat
cheap nike shox
nike air max 360
nike air max
pumas shoes

3/14/2010 7:43 PM  
Blogger Lara Brehm said...

Oh I love magnolias, they have a very special meaning for me... will you be selling this beautiful illustration on Etsy? Anyway, it's very very beautiful, love it! :)

3/24/2010 2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home