Thursday, August 23, 2007

Studio update & fun

I took all the sand out my little sandbox today
and hung it on my studio wall.
I love the way it looks with all my favorite journals
and post cards. It's my little personal gallery.
The little table in the corner
is one of the new nightstands for the boys,
but it doesn't fit in their room right now,
so I'll be using it till we move to our new house :)
Manolo designed it.
It has a little drawer and the wood he used this time is called Tzalaam,
it looks a bit like walnut.
We still have to put hardware on it to be able to open the little drawer.
We went on a little trip to Mexico City today,
and visited my favorite Library.
This is my son Daniel, reading some "quality" literature (Garfield) :P
It's the Rosario Castellanos library in La Condesa neighborhood.
One of my all time favorite places to visit in the city.

6 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous gigi said...

Oh my goodness! What a lovely library!

I love the nightstand too!

8/23/2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Love what you did with the sand box, I love journals and postcards and that is an great way to show them (loved the sandbox with the little pumpkins and before with the pebbles).
The library is amazing. I love libraries because they have one of my favourite things, BOOKS :D. This one I would love not only for the books but by the way it looks, is gorgeous. Here in Portugal my favourite library is the one in Sintra.

8/24/2007 2:48 AM  
Anonymous lori/castanet said...

love your new set-up -- it reminds me of a beautiful store display. i love the way you've mixed the woods in this room. we have pine walls in our "cabin" (our getaway in the top of our barn) and some people are overwhelmed by so much wood, but i love it.

8/24/2007 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Zylo said...

I envy you so much right now. You have decorating skills that come out of a magazine, craft skills of a pro, and you're living in a little cabin right now. I've always wanted to do that. I long for a little cabin in the woods for a vacation retreat. Listen to me, I'm a 21 year old college student and I've been planning on buying a log cabin for a summer home. Ignore me while I go check on my stocks.

8/24/2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Groovy and inspiring. :-)

8/24/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka stichr said...

Wow your sand box is bigger than I thought. I would really love to do that as I have lots of rocks collected on our road trips, but not with cats around....

8/25/2007 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home