Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pile o'wood

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck would chuck as much wood
as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Yay! this is post #300!
This pile o'wood
was inspired by a photo I took today
on a walk our family took this afternoon.
I got the idea from a comment by my friend Carlene,
who said the photo looked like a painting :)
I thought....hhhmmm.
It's watercolor on paper.

I wanted to thank you guys
for all the uplifting and encouraging comments
you've left me these past few days.
I am overwhelmed with joy
and deeply thankful for all of your kindness.
A great big hug to all of you who visit :)

14 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

I knew you wood. I mean would.

;)

8/17/2007 3:43 AM  
Blogger zime said...

Me encanta!! la simplicidad de las formas y la paleta... mucho mucho... Buen Finde!!!!

8/17/2007 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Patti said...

I love it. This piece totally resonates with me because I love circles!

8/17/2007 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

I am completely in love with this piece! It reminds me of that fabric from reprodepot with the tree circles!

8/17/2007 6:56 AM  
Blogger kritty said...

I love that painting you whipped up! And the juxtaposed images. Post 300? Man, where have I been. I'm glad I found your blog! It is inspiring. Counting down the days till the etsy shop so I can have some daily inspiration without having to 'log on' . :-)

8/17/2007 6:58 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka stichr said...

I really like wood. So I really like your painting. And your fish stamps...you make it look so easy.

8/17/2007 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Daniela said...

Wood just makes me feel good. Love visiting your blog every day. Refer to your email for a wood pile photo I sent. Thanks for sharing your gift.

8/18/2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger v a l e r i a said...

este dibujo es impresionante. Me dejaste boquiabierta. me fas ci no!

8/19/2007 5:46 AM  
Blogger tusen said...

a bit belated congratulations on your post #300. And big thanks for sharing your art with us. It's really great! I love the pattern the wood logs create.
And as for your handmade goods - like the beautiful tote or the sweet "bridsmobile" - your friends are really lucky to have you :)

8/19/2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Love this and congrats on the 300th!!

8/19/2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Gennine, this is so beautiful! Who knew you could find inspiration in a pile of wood :) I love it!

8/21/2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger eugenia gina said...

WOOW! I love your talent in this one, it's nice to see artist could change everyday things into artwork.. clap2.. ;D

8/21/2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh this is fantastic. Truly truly fantastic!

9/07/2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

I really like the organic-yet-industrial/modern quality of this pattern.

9/13/2007 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home