Sunday, December 09, 2012

Beautiful Objects

Fierce Bunny
This gorgeous turquoise cashmere bunny was made by the awesome Sonja Ahlers whom I had the honor of meeting in person at the One Of A Kind show in Toronto.
Treasures from Canada
I bought he ginormous (for Mexican standards) pine cone & the lovely blue tin box at the St. Lawrence Market. I scored the wooden cheese box from a shop at the St. Jacob's market and got the turquoise star burst Swedish ceramic plate at The Old Factory antiques shop. The two other ceramic bowl are from the shop at the Gardiner Museum. Margie gave me those adorable tiny wooden spoons. The triangles pouch is from Bookhou of course & I brought back some more washi tape from The Paper Place.
Beautiful things
The woodcut bear print is by Graham Blair and I bought the Jenny Clark bird tumbler that is now holding my brushes at Bookhou. The O Canada book was a gift from Margie.
Marbelized Paper Amazing marbled paper in my favorite colors by the very talented Robert Wu.
Wooden Bowl 
Beautiful wood bowl by Stinson Studios
Pinecone & Birds 
A Margie made that leather pine cone that I LOVE and I scored a beautiful 1800s hand painted plate from the book "Birds of New York" by J.W. Hill-De Kay
  at the St. Lawrence market.
A Package from Sonia 
A lovely package was waiting for me at Margie's from our sweet friend Sonia's shop.

Handmade
All these thoughtful hand made goodies made by Margie and Caitlin
were inside my boots on the morning of St. Nicks.
Yummy knitted goodies by Nicole
Luxurious hand knitted goodies that I traded for an original of mine with my beautiful friend Nicole and very cool fingerless gloves I bought at the ROM shop.
Hope you enjoy all the fun links and maybe find a special gift for Christmas.

16 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Sonia / Cozy Memories said...

So much beauty in one single post, my head is spinning !!
You came home with so many amazing things, all handmade with so much love and care ...
I'm so happy for you, my friend. And I'm also super happy that your parcel arrived safely at M's right in time.
Sending you big hugs, and hoping we will meet again in 2013 ...
xoxoxo

12/09/2012 12:33 PM  
Blogger Jacky said...

What an abundance of treasures...everything is so beautiful.

Sending you and your family Christmas Cheer.

Jacky xox

12/09/2012 12:49 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

I love your beautiful mind and how you remember all the important details and makers! I miss you so much .

12/09/2012 12:59 PM  
Blogger Jay Bendt said...

I'm absolutely in love with the wooden bowl, wooden spoons, and that little bunny. Also, holy giant pinecone! we live on the border with Canada but I've yet to see a pinecone that large in person.

12/09/2012 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

I'm glad you had a good time and that you got such lovely things but I'm really just glad you're back!

12/09/2012 1:59 PM  
Blogger arounna said...

you scored some real beauties geninne!

12/09/2012 2:59 PM  
Blogger kat said...

The pine cone looks like those I gathered from pines hundreds of feet tall as well as years old when I lived in the low country in Georgia. I still have a basket full of them and adore them.

You all are truly blessed to have found each other. Thanks for sharing your beautiful gifts, both the tangible, and the magically precious in the form of friendships.

12/09/2012 6:27 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What lovely treasures you received and quite sentimental!

12/09/2012 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Ombellifere said...

Wow, I absolutely love those ! Especially this cuty of a rabbit :)

12/10/2012 2:03 AM  
Blogger Rosa said...

!Those fingerless gloves ROCK!

12/10/2012 2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Geninne,

i take this post for a reason to leave a comment.
I'm from Germany and i really love your art. Your pictures are so clearly and natural, just beautiful.
From your Book "Making an impression" i get also nice inspiration.
I'm thankful for!

Go on your way, it's a pleasure to follow :o)

Greetings from Cologne
Adriana

12/10/2012 3:53 AM  
Blogger bethania said...

What an "Ode a las cosas" lovely post, Geninne. You touch something with your blue eyes (yeah, there is such a thing as an eye touch, isn't there?) and precious they come.
http://www.neruda.uchile.cl/obra/obranavyregresos1.html
Besos desde Chile.
b.

12/10/2012 7:26 AM  
Anonymous rk said...

Gorgeous treasures (both tangible and intangible). I will be going to Toronto pretty soon. I can't wait to visit the market! I have been to Toronto so many times just to see family but never knew about these awesome markets.

12/10/2012 10:37 AM  
Blogger petersmith said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful gifts, both the tangible.
Pawnbroker

5/14/2013 9:49 PM  
Blogger indiaartfair said...

Many might actually believe that in such a competitive age, art education is close to unnecessary in schools today especially when there is so much money involved in getting an education. However, art education goals are far reaching and many in number and most of the advantages that a student would gain out of a basic education in art is almost unbelievable.

Art

7/29/2013 2:42 AM  
Blogger Brenda Palmeri said...

Very informative blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing. business for sale south africa gauteng

7/16/2014 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home