Monday, March 12, 2012

Mushroom Jungle

Mushroom Jungle
I woke up this morning completely uninspired & thinking
I might not have another creative idea in me. I happens once in while
and the cure is always very simple. I make myself sit down in front of my desk
with my watercolors, a new sheet of pretty paper & good music.
Just start painting whatever comes to mind and don't stop until you just can't stop.
I guess I had mushroom on my mind & these guys just showed up :-)
Work in progress. Watercolor on Saint-Armand paper.

35 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous Kimberly said...

And you, in turn, have made my day... as you so often do!

3/12/2012 1:41 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

lovely! the tonal variations are drawing my eye around this.. the softness as they fade/mix/mingle into each other is poetic :)

3/12/2012 1:43 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Maunder said...

Those look like magic mushrooms to me. :)

3/12/2012 1:45 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

That's great advice to get over a creativity slump! Thanks :0)

3/12/2012 1:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I cannot wait to see this one finished. Love it already.

3/12/2012 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Christine d'Anecdotes said...

I like when you not inspired !!?

3/12/2012 1:47 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Don't you hate times like that, but I love your solution. I go for a walk and get inspired by nature. This one is going to be gorgeous! What size paper are you working on for this project? Hugs from Alaska.

3/12/2012 1:51 PM  
Blogger DPLblog said...

Force: that's as good a solution as any. I usually spend those days stretching paper or building panels or cleaning the studio or something. Be productive somehow while still being stumped or unmotivated.

3/12/2012 2:08 PM  
Anonymous nini said...

ahh, this is going to be one of your best ones... I can just see it... the guys look so curious and full of energy... probably the mushrooms and their scents made them so :D

3/12/2012 2:20 PM  
Blogger Line Katrin said...

Oh, I know that feeling. But I am so happy that you had mushrooms in your head. Cause this will be a beautiful picture. Hope to see the final result. Take care:)

3/12/2012 2:28 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

This looks brilliant. X

3/12/2012 2:34 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

What a delight Gennine!
Yesterday I watched this video about the 'Fungarium At Kew Gardens'

http://youtu.be/g9HitGBVlIY

then went in search of some lovely mushroom images so that I could share with my readers.
I had to stop as another project popped up and then you posted this to remind me to finish my post- thank you.

Happy day Lovely!
x

3/12/2012 3:19 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and just wanted to tell you that I love your work! Love that you sat down uninspired and still managed to turn out something pretty inspiring. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

3/12/2012 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Emily@theNest said...

How really beautiful! I know it is unfinished, but I actually like that about it too- nice balance of linear drawing and colour! Love your *inspiring* work! x

3/12/2012 4:33 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I love it when you show us a work in progress. This one is particularly lovely.

3/12/2012 5:04 PM  
Blogger SooZeQue said...

Sometime being uninspired has it's advantages! Looks great so far.

3/12/2012 5:20 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Gosh that is lovely! I should be so uninspired!

xo

3/12/2012 5:51 PM  
Blogger leFiligree said...

mushrooms usually get the creative juices going--love the birds walking too

3/12/2012 10:41 PM  
Blogger Julie Clay Illustration said...

I can see this is going to be lovely, the colours are wonderful already, love the ink caps blues. I saw some really weird mushrooms at the weekend, I will try and photograph them.

3/13/2012 2:57 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Lovely to see a WIP...I can tell already it will be beautiful.
Love the combination of colors and subject; thanks for sharing your process.
Jenni

3/13/2012 4:42 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love this. Please post the finished painting. I check your blog every morning and it always makes me happy. Thanks so much.

3/13/2012 5:17 AM  
Blogger jyoti kumar said...

I have already fell in love with this half-finished one,what will happen when you will post the finished,and polished work.Please post a cure for me too.Loveeeeeeeee it Geninne as always, now you have inspired me to hit the paper and brush instantly.

3/13/2012 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Hoy y Siempre Scrapbooking said...

Gracias Geninne, tus trabajos son una explosión de creatividad y color para mis ojos. Son preciosos las setas y champiñones, una belleza.

Un abrazo desde España

Beatriz Peñas B.

3/13/2012 7:45 AM  
Blogger kerri said...

Sometimes it's a good idea to just get going and push paint around. :) I do love mushrooms...

3/13/2012 9:19 AM  
Anonymous elizabeyta said...

I saw this when you posted it on Facebook. I really like. My daughter likes mushrooms and this reminds me of her.

3/13/2012 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Debbie Nolan said...

Just discovered your blog - love your mushrooms. I definitely will be stopping by often.

3/13/2012 11:29 AM  
Blogger Karin Schikorr said...

ohhhh qué lindos tus "Mushrooms"! hace tiempo que no entro así que me voy a dar un atracón de tus entradas al blog!! esta noche con tranquilidad antes de dormir, que con tanta cosa bonita seguro que tengo lindos sueños... Un abrazo.

3/13/2012 12:32 PM  
Blogger Shelly G said...

I love it...Today it is raining... and it makes me feel blah. You have inspired me to pick up my notebook.

3/13/2012 2:11 PM  
Blogger Dominique.- said...

I'm such a fan right now... I've been using the caledars you've made since last year but never posted before. I get so inspired when I see your art, it's beautiful! greets from Chile

3/13/2012 3:44 PM  
Blogger Monica Guerrero said...

Esta frase me ayuda siempre, quizas te ayude a ti tambien... aunque por lo que dices, tu ya la haz hecho tuya.


"Cuando llegue la inspiración, que me encuentre trabajando."

PICASSO, Pablo

3/14/2012 12:09 AM  
Anonymous sarwar said...

nice work keep it up

3/20/2012 3:13 AM  
Anonymous what is a blog said...

hi you just inspiring me lovely! the tonal variations are drawing my eye around this

6/21/2012 8:51 AM  
Blogger Wenhao Guo said...

michael kors wallets for women
louis vuitton handbags outlet store
nba jerseys wholesale
michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
chanel handbags
polo ralph lauren
tiffany outlet
ferragamo outlet
salomon speedcross 3
karen millen dresses
ralph lauren uk
coach outlet store
ralph lauren,ralph lauren uk,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren outlet online,polo ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren polo
louboutin uk
puma shoes
winter jackets outlet
michael kors handbags
new balance sale
beats by dr dre
north face jackets
dddd1207

12/07/2015 1:05 AM  
Blogger xumeiqing said...

151212meiqing
canada goose jackets
louis vuitton outlet
christian louboutin outlet
ugg boots
north face jackets
uggs on sale
uggs for sale
hollister uk
michael kors uk
timberland boots
ugg outlet
louis vuitton handbags
burberry outlet
oakley sunglasses
nike air max
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
ugg outlet
true religion jeans
cheap jordans
marc jacobs
ugg australia
hollister kids
louis vuitton
christian louboutin outlet
nike air max
louis vuitton handbags
gucci handbags
coach outlet store online
oakley sunglasses
hollister clothing
ray ban outlet
michael kors outlet online
canada goose jackets
prada outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
jordan retro
ray-ban sunglasses
prada uk
louis vuitton outlet stores

12/11/2015 5:33 PM  
Blogger Wenhao Guo said...

michael kors outlet store
kobe bryants shoes 2015
snow boots outlet
hollister
instyler ionic styler,instyler,instyler ionic styler pro
cyber monday
cheap uggs
ugg boots outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors factory sale
michael kors online outlet
longchamp outlet online
belstaff jackets
rolex watches
iphone cases
lululemon outlet
tiffany outlet
links of london uk
ralph lauren outlet
lululemon outlet
fitflops sale
ddddd1214

12/13/2015 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home