Thursday, November 10, 2011

Studios Magazine

Studios Magazine feature
Studios Mag by Interweave
Studio
My cozy studio is featured in a five page article written by the lovely Linda Blinn
in the Studios, Winter 2011 magazine published by Interweave.
I pre-ordered & downloaded a digital issue for my iPad
because I was too impatient to wait for my printed issue.
All the other gorgeous studios featured in the magazine are so inspiring!
I just love peeking into the spaces where people create.
Thanks Linda for such a beautiful article! I'm very honored.
*These are some photos that didn't make it into the magazine.
I took them before I brought in the big shelving unit
into the studio
and rearranged a bit.
I'm always rearranging!
But it pretty much looks like that right now...only way messier ;)

34 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Annarack said...

I think I have fallen in love......WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

11/10/2011 10:18 AM  
Blogger Jo Murray said...

I can't believe how neat your workspace is! Fabulous space. Congratulations on the feature.

11/10/2011 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Bree said...

Oh wow, thank you for sharing! I've actually studied some of your various photographs that give glimpses of your studio space in an attempt to piece together a bigger picture. It's so neat to see photographs of the actual set-up! What an inspiring workplace.

11/10/2011 10:26 AM  
Blogger BunTine said...

Cooooooool !!
♥BunTine

11/10/2011 10:35 AM  
Blogger Jill Wignall said...

You studio space is always inspiring!

11/10/2011 10:42 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Your studio is gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

11/10/2011 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Linda Farmer said...

Lovely and inspiring. What a great place to "work"! Thanks for sharing.

11/10/2011 10:51 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I love seeing the place where you make all your wonderful creations.

11/10/2011 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Rendell said...

Geninne, I might have to be "impatient" as well and download the issue to see the pictures that did make it. Your studio is beautiful! It's easy to see why you are such a prolific, creative artist. I love seeing the creative spaces of artists. Have you seen the book "Inside the Painter's Studio"? You would be a great artist for him to feature.

11/10/2011 11:01 AM  
Blogger cafenoHut said...

I love your studio. Light is always amazing..

11/10/2011 12:13 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Eijkenduijn said...

Your studio is amazing and I wish I could spend a whole day there with you - what a day?, A whole year, it's beautiful and organized. And congrats on the publication.

11/10/2011 12:24 PM  
Blogger KristiMcMurry said...

You seriously have the BEST light in your studio. Congrats on your feature!

11/10/2011 12:43 PM  
Blogger barbara@sparrowavenue said...

I'm envious of how clean/uncluttered/organized you keep your work space!

Is this just for show? or can you actually keep it this way while you work??

so envious

11/10/2011 1:09 PM  
Blogger Julie Clay Illustration said...

Boy oh Boy oh Boy!! What a lovely big studio space. All those lovely little drawers, I neeeed some of those. Ooh I could just sit in there and dream up nice things I am sure. I shall go and tidy up my little space tomorrow.....it's a mess :( Carry on creating the lovely work in there!

11/10/2011 1:39 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Maunder said...

It's so warm and inviting. Just beautiful. The colours are like one of your paintings!

11/10/2011 2:00 PM  
Blogger Daniela said...

Beautiful studio! It really is a cozy work space!

11/10/2011 2:20 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

can't wait to get back into that lovely space of yours
and barb this is not for show, this is how it looks even with all the making and creating going on.

11/10/2011 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Joyce said...

Congratulations!

11/10/2011 5:54 PM  
Blogger Vivika said...

Another reason to buy a gorgeous new magazine... congratulations. I was not surprised to see that you were featured- beauty attracts beauty!

11/10/2011 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Nicola Natland said...

Congratulations on being featured. Is is always so neat and tidy? I am so envious - I try and start out neat but I create chaos around me. Tools and silver everywhere! Looking at your studio it seems that everything has a place to live, you have so much storage. I have storage envy! I have been impressed in the past when you have shown photos of your various homes that they always look as if they have just been staged for some glamorous home magazine. Please tell me that somewhere hidden out of view you have just a tiny mess!

11/10/2011 8:12 PM  
Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

the best looking studio I have ever seen!

11/10/2011 8:57 PM  
Blogger leFiligree said...

such a bright, inspiring space. i would LOVE to see it messy!!

11/10/2011 9:54 PM  
Blogger Almu said...

Debe ser fantástico trabajar en un lugar tan bonito, tan grande y tan lleno de cosas bellas. Yo por ahora me tengo que conformar con la mesa de la cocina, pero espero que algún día pueda tener un lugar para mí sola y mis art supplies! Gracias por compartirlo!

11/11/2011 1:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Such a beautiful space! I see you have a preference for glass topped tables- what is it that you like about them? I'm setting up a new studio next week and am contemplating a glass top. I imagine its great if you're tracing items or want to light from underneath? I'd love to know your thoughts! :-D

11/11/2011 3:25 AM  
Blogger Jewel said...

Hi Genine-
Loving your blog for quite a while now.....I'm putting together an art journaling trip to Oaxaca next spring....can you help me spread the word?
http://arttripstomexico.blogspot.com/
Or maybe you'd like to join us? Oaxaca is amazing.

11/11/2011 7:35 AM  
OpenID aracelisrandomness said...

Que estudio mas hermoso tienes! Es como si la creatividad fluyera por todo el espacio. Divinisimo

11/11/2011 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Julie Lapointe - La Datcha said...

What a beautiful space to create, I am very jealous of your studio!!!

11/11/2011 11:38 AM  
Blogger Fawne said...

Oh! I just LOVE your space! How beautiful!!!

11/11/2011 1:26 PM  
Anonymous leah of sang the bird said...

i think i may have to pre order the magazine! Your space is so lovely...

11/11/2011 6:26 PM  
Blogger ZOLA said...

I like your studio...

11/11/2011 6:45 PM  
Blogger Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Congrats on your feature. It's such a bright beautiful space, full of colour & a lovely amount of negative space for the eye to rest, just like your lovely art works!

11/11/2011 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Linda Esterley said...

Big studio envy!

11/12/2011 7:42 AM  
Blogger Line Katrin said...

Oh, how nice!! I really would like to sit and work here. Makes me inspired to do something more with my creative room. Have a nice day Geninne and thanks for sharing:)

11/14/2011 2:18 AM  
Blogger Jeannette said...

It is a lovely artice and a breathtaking workspace.

I can't tell you how often your blog posts bring me joy and inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

11/19/2011 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home