Tuesday, February 08, 2011

So far...

Workshop 2011
Workshop 2011
The Workroom
Workshop 2011
Last night after day two of the workshop my son Daniel asked me:
"What do you guys do down there besides eat and talk all day?" :p
Well, we've carved a bunch of stamps, played with watercolors, painted rocks, listened to music, talked like only we girls know how, eaten the most wonderful food Angela and Mary have prepared for all of us, made new friends
and we're only half way through the workshop :)
Now I can say from experience that Angela organizes the BEST art retreats out there!

39 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Heather T. said...

That sounds so seriously awesome!

2/08/2011 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Littlepeacetin¨Chiara Mancuso said...

I'm so jealous!
You are planning to do a workshop here in Luxembourg aren't you ?
; )

2/08/2011 10:57 AM  
Blogger ana @ i made it so said...

so lovely geninne. a little jealous here too :) what an inspiring space to create.

2/08/2011 11:09 AM  
Blogger We Blog Artists said...

Yeah...sounds fabulous...can you do one up here in Canada?
Or maybe have a Live Cam so we can experienece it from around the World!
HUGS...Oh, I think you should have your own Show by the way!
Char.x

2/08/2011 11:13 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Suena genial, me dais una envidia!! ¡Qué pena que esté tan lejos!!

2/08/2011 11:20 AM  
Blogger luciernaga said...

Sería fabuloso estar en ese taller, por la vista, por el ambiente que se ve que tienen y por el hecho de que usted me ayudará a crear cosas tan bellas como las que hace, que envidia

Ojala respondiera a mi petisión de diseñar mi invitación de bodas. =(

2/08/2011 11:43 AM  
Blogger PaperTigress said...

*sigh I am in love with that view *sigh


*envy...

2/08/2011 12:26 PM  
Blogger Iveth Morales said...

Que vista tan maravillosa!!

2/08/2011 1:14 PM  
Blogger blue china studio said...

I am so completely envious of these women who get to take your class! It looks like you are having lots of fun. Maybe one of these times I'll be able to do it.

2/08/2011 2:18 PM  
Blogger DoodleDiem said...

Denmark is a Little tooo far away, but can you feel the envious energi? in a good way. ;) Loove your Work.

2/08/2011 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Maria said...

Eat, Paint, Talk. :)

2/08/2011 3:05 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

seeing all of this creativity is making me so happy
thanks so much for sharing it and please tell the participants that they are all very talented

2/08/2011 3:23 PM  
Blogger Frenchy said...

I wish i was there.

2/08/2011 3:39 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

COME TO BOSTON!!! I want to paint cool rocks, eat good food, and make awesome friends. :)

~Kirsten

2/08/2011 6:14 PM  
Blogger Carlene said...

So envious! Look at that enormous studio room...Next winter...

(did you make the 2 mobiles?)

2/08/2011 7:27 PM  
Blogger Manu said...

Wow, what a colourful, wunderful and creative group! Wish you a lot of inspiration :-)) kisses from manu - who loves also to paint with watercolours

2/08/2011 10:06 PM  
Blogger sara said...

oh man, this looks like heaven!

2/08/2011 10:08 PM  
Blogger Frk. Hverdag said...

i can only imagine how it must be to work in a studio like your...the light is beautiful.

2/08/2011 11:51 PM  
Blogger Red Hen (dette) said...

The space looks delightful! you won't want to give it back!!!

2/09/2011 12:29 AM  
Blogger Jenni C's said...

Inspiring...i want to get out my watercolor paints ...and paint all day...thanks for sharing...and i think that South Africa needs an awesome...art retreat like this...

2/09/2011 1:09 AM  
Blogger BunTine said...

Sooo beautiful pictures you all made !!!
I love your Studio, it's great...and this wonderful view !
♥BunTine

2/09/2011 2:54 AM  
Blogger dutch sisters said...

It's great to see what you all are doing. (last post) I'm sure you all have so much fun together! Wish I was there too!

2/09/2011 5:10 AM  
Blogger Veda Murthy said...

oh my god!!!!the workroom is just fabulous!!!!!each one of ur student is extremely talented.....i hope we get 2 see all of them and their wonderful creations ...like may b a group photo ....

hugs from Veda

2/09/2011 5:38 AM  
Blogger Nina Hutton said...

That must be the most gorgeous "classroom" in the universe! So inspiring in itself.

2/09/2011 7:04 AM  
Blogger charlotte said...

so fantastic ... hi, Pam!

2/09/2011 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Harry Hilders said...

Wow, great room!

And nice question your son asked, made me smile :)

2/09/2011 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gennine,it looks so inviting and inspiring. Everyone is doing a good job. Wish I could be there! Elaine

2/09/2011 10:19 AM  
Blogger dreamalittle said...

Your studio is just so beautiful, how inspiring!

2/10/2011 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Melissah from Scrapbook said...

I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm just new into blogging & have just finished off my own blog on fashion & interior design.
http://scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com/
I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
x
Melissah

2/10/2011 2:52 AM  
Blogger Jacqui Dodds said...

Sounds like a great way to spend time - wish I was there

2/10/2011 4:39 AM  
Blogger Maike Bohlen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2/10/2011 6:20 AM  
Blogger Maike Bohlen said...

Hi from northern germany, it´s grey,rainy... and i stay calm and carry on.
Just a little bit envious ... and interested : in the picture shown on the imac. Would be nice to know.

2/10/2011 6:24 AM  
Blogger G&L said...

your blog is special!
I linked you from my blog
http://lauragiancarlo.blogspot.com/2011/02/pescati-in-rete-un-blog-delizioso.html

2/10/2011 11:43 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Lullaby said...

Pensé en ti cuando vi esto:

http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykidloves.com/2011/02/giant-golden-book-of-birds.html

Un abrazo desde Valencia.

2/10/2011 1:19 PM  
Blogger margarida said...

Oiiii! Qué envidia me estan dando estas alumnas...para cuandonuna edición online del workshop para las seguidoras de Genine del orto lado del charco? Un saludo

2/11/2011 8:16 AM  
Blogger wide-eyed said...

Love the stones, I also enjoy painting on stones :)

2/12/2011 3:11 AM  
Blogger renata said...

hola!..quería escribirte para felicitarte por tanto talento. Estoy pasando por momentos díficiles, y tu blog me sirvió de mucha inspiración para volver a dibujar. Simplemente quería decirte GRACIAS!!!!

un eso grande y un abrazo de oso...

Renata
(argentina)

2/12/2011 8:55 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Hey there! The view, the calm, the friendship and the learning were every bit as great as it looks in the pictures! I just finished the workshop and had such a great time. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks so much for having us there and letting us explore art with you!

2/12/2011 8:13 PM  
Blogger Amalia Satizábal said...

I keep on stumbling into your blog every once in a while and I have to say that I love your work, amazing, I find it playful and delicate. I wanted to ask you, what type of paint do you use when you draw on rocks? the white looks very solid.
Congratulations on your studio space, looks great, must be tons of fun having a workshop there.
I hope you don't mind that I add you to my blog-roll.

2/14/2011 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home