Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Deconstructed

New print set I'm making for my shop.
It's a block print deconstructed version
of my latest watercolor piece.
It will be sold as a set @ my Etsy shop
when I reopen it mid May.
It is printed onto beautiful
Fabriano Medioevalis
4.75" x 4.75" paper.
It will be signed and numbered.

***I wanted to thank all of you
who have written to let me know
you are keeping us in your prayers
during these scary times in Mexico.
We are staying away from the City,
healthy & tucked lovingly under God's wings.

Psalm 91:4 (KJV)
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

76 Lovely Comments:

Blogger simply blue said...

I am blown away by the detail in the stamps you carve....you must have a very steady hand! They are perfect. Love your stuff. How long does it take you to carve a stamp??

4/28/2009 3:26 PM  
Blogger Abstractheart said...

Beautiful stamps and love the prints. How long does it take you to carve a stamp. You are so talented! I am so glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I pray for all the others that are affected by this. We live not to far from one of the out breaks in Texas. They closed the schools there. Take care and keep creating your beautiful work.

4/28/2009 3:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

absolutely beautiful! such an inspiration!

4/28/2009 3:42 PM  
Blogger khairun said...

Lovely work.

4/28/2009 3:46 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

These are even more gorgeous than the original watercolor! Geninne, you amaze. So glad you and family are out of the city. Saying a quick prayer for you. Thanks for sharing.

4/28/2009 3:52 PM  
Blogger shanon said...

Such awesome work. =) You are one of a kind. And I'm glad to hear that you are staying safe!

4/28/2009 4:10 PM  
Blogger heather smith jones said...

Geninne, I was wondering how you were. Yes, please stay safe.
This new block series is absolutely gorgeous!!

4/28/2009 4:13 PM  
Blogger Bloom Fine Art Photography said...

Your art makes me so happy.
I love peeking in and looking at your inspiring work. I live in Montana where it is grey right now, and the colors in your work and your creativity is such an elixer. Thank you.

4/28/2009 4:13 PM  
Blogger Pierina said...

hermoso como siempre! :) ademas esta en la gama de colores que me gusta.
He pensado mucho en vos estos dias, aca las noticias a veces asustan. Me alegro que estes bien con tu familia.
Un besote!
Georgina

4/28/2009 4:26 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh my goodness - these are incredible! The lotus flower is my favourite - you inspire me to get much better at stamp carving!
Stay safe x

4/28/2009 4:36 PM  
Blogger Cicada Studio said...

These are stunning. Stay well!

4/28/2009 4:42 PM  
Blogger Mal* said...

The colors are just amazing, as always.

4/28/2009 4:44 PM  
Blogger Heather T. said...

I join the "Geninne is amazing" fan club. =) I'm glad you guys are staying safe & healthy...

4/28/2009 4:44 PM  
Blogger arounna said...

lovely prints - can't wait to get them. Glad you are well.
best,
arounna

4/28/2009 4:52 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

You are in my prayers.

4/28/2009 4:54 PM  
Blogger pinkbathtub said...

So beautiful and always inspiring. Please be well.

4/28/2009 5:06 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

Those are ridiculously beautiful.

4/28/2009 6:05 PM  
Blogger amy @ switz~art said...

they're gorgeous! that lotus flower is beautiful! you're so talented!

4/28/2009 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My precious daughter shared your site with me. You are a gentle inspiration. You, your family, and those affected in Mexico are in my prayers. Your Bible verse says it all. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work. Your life brings back memories of when I home schooled by children. They are now 28 and almost 24. What a privilege! Take care, Chris

4/28/2009 7:10 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Yes! Please keep safe!

Your new block prints are lovely.

4/28/2009 7:16 PM  
Blogger Annie Pazoo said...

Love the prints -- and the colors. And glad to know that you are all keeping well.

4/28/2009 7:36 PM  
Anonymous kimberly said...

I'm praying for you too!!!
Encouraging scripture!!!

4/28/2009 8:03 PM  
Blogger TrippleJN said...

They are beautiful. I've thought of you often the last few days and am glad you are safe.

Jenny

4/28/2009 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lovely blog is the one blog I try to check on a daily basis. I love your beautiful art and your faith are both an inspiration to me. I will include you and your family in my prayers tonight. Thank you.

4/28/2009 8:29 PM  
OpenID lauradodson said...

beautiful art as usual...

so glad to hear y'all are safe in sound in the Master's hands. ;o)

4/28/2009 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Rachael in NZ said...

Geninne, your stamps are beautiful, as always. When our NZ dollar goes up I would love to buy some more prints!
God is certainly your refuge and the giver of your wonderful talents!
Blessings from NZ,
Rachael.

4/28/2009 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your family were in my thoughts. Glad to hear all is well.

Very beautiful stamps!

Sharon

4/28/2009 8:39 PM  
Blogger Dolores said...

I too have thought of you and yours while I listen to the news about the spread of the flu. Glad to hear you are all safe. I love your work and the latest blog has my all time favourite colours. Thank you.

4/28/2009 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Gorgeous stamps...am trying my hand and this myself, but am waiting up to afford proper supplies.

And I love the Psalms you quoted there. Beautiful. Nothing like the ultimate Comforter watching over you.

4/28/2009 9:45 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Dear Geninne...
your works are so spectacular...
I don't find the words to describe it...
:-)

4/29/2009 1:01 AM  
Blogger lil kim said...

Lovely set Geninne, glad to hear you are all safe!

4/29/2009 1:37 AM  
Blogger zielonooka said...

Beautiful stamps!!!:)
You are so talented!

Best regards from Poland:)

4/29/2009 1:45 AM  
Blogger Silvana said...

Fabulosos!!!.
Adoro los sellos que hacés!!

4/29/2009 3:22 AM  
Anonymous tiel said...

these are beautiful. And the colours too work so well together.

When I think of Mexico, I first think of you and I hope that you all stay well.

tx

4/29/2009 4:02 AM  
Blogger Eduardo Miguel said...

Von Brasilien reise ich für sein blog und verehre alles, das ich sehe… guter Geschmack, Qualität, Design alles! Ich mochte Vögel, sehr, das ich zum Vorteil sie zu conviar benutze, zum in Grube blog der Vögel zu sehen daß ich bilde hölzernes reaproveitada (den Abfall umgewandelt in kunst) habe auch joaninhas und bis Spinnen und Schmetterlinge, sind einige dieser Teile dort in Deutschland, gut sage ich Abschied und Verstärkung der Einladung Erfolg in seiner kunst.
Ich schließe mich mit ein, wie Folgen seiner Arbeit, um Verbindung, abraços von Brasilien und Glückwünsche mit einen weitere Mal nicht zu verlieren.

4/29/2009 4:18 AM  
Blogger tania tashán said...

mis mejores deseos desde holanda...
preciosa página y preciosos sellos...

4/29/2009 4:52 AM  
Blogger Lara Brehm said...

Love love love the stamps Geninne! I got to make the little banner advertising your wonderful work on the right side of my blog (it's leading to your shop). Can't wait to get your prints, they are wonderful!

4/29/2009 6:57 AM  
Blogger Carlene said...

These are so beautiful, I can't wait for them to be available! I'm glad to hear everyone is safe and healthy, I've been thinking about you and your family.

xo

4/29/2009 7:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

your verse today - really touched my heart.
i needed that.
thank you.

4/29/2009 7:15 AM  
OpenID peaceliving said...

All three stamps are gorgeous! You inspire me to try my own someday. Lovely.

4/29/2009 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Michaela said...

Beau.ti.ful.

And I am glad to hear that everything is well with you and your family.

4/29/2009 9:12 AM  
Blogger suziart said...

Gorgeous carving! I just found your blog and it makes me smile!!! Stay safe, this is a scary time. God Bless
SuZi

4/29/2009 9:13 AM  
Blogger Carol & Eddy said...

Your work is so lovely and I love the new stamps. God bless!

4/29/2009 9:14 AM  
Blogger Selya said...

beautiful work and I absolutely adore your blog, very inspirational! Glad to hear you're guys safe!!

4/29/2009 10:03 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

these are absolutely beautiful!

4/29/2009 10:08 AM  
Blogger APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

absolutely amazing! all beautiful!!!

4/29/2009 10:24 AM  
Blogger barbara said...

Stay safe Geninne! And keep on making such beautiful treasures.

4/29/2009 10:32 AM  
Anonymous KUKA´S WORLD said...

Lovely Blog!! This is my first time seeing your blog and it is great!
:)

Cheers from Spain!
KUKA´S WORLD
http://www.accesoriosparaperros.blogspot.com/

4/29/2009 10:41 AM  
Blogger Frizz said...

How in the world do you carve so precisely? And on the white stuff??
Brilliant!

4/29/2009 11:08 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

Stay safe.
Love
Lyn
xxx

4/29/2009 12:53 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Geninne, your stamps are so amazing. I can hardly wait to watch the video you've just posted. You're an inspiration.

I'm glad to hear that you and your family are well, I was thinking about you.

Take care.

4/30/2009 12:20 AM  
Blogger Mlle Miracle said...

Después de tantos comentarios una piensa si vale la pena decir más. Pero sí, quieto decirte que nos aportas cosas que nos alegran el espíritu. ¡Gracias por mostrarnos tanta belleza, Geninne!

4/30/2009 6:43 AM  
OpenID hellosweetworld said...

These stamps are amazing! I will be visiting your shop for sure.
And I hope everything is okay for you in Mexico. Stay safe!

4/30/2009 10:14 AM  
Blogger paper trail studio said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/30/2009 5:54 PM  
Blogger paper trail studio said...

Beautiful work, you always use such lovely colored inks.

4/30/2009 5:56 PM  
Blogger Nichol Krupp said...

These stamps are incredible. I look forward to your ETSY reopening. Beautiful work on here. Stay safe and healthy in Mexico.

5/01/2009 7:18 AM  
Blogger Nichol Krupp said...

These stamps are incredible. I look forward to your ETSY reopening. Beautiful work on here. Stay safe and healthy in Mexico.

5/01/2009 7:18 AM  
Blogger BIANCA said...

HOLA GENNINE: REALMENTE ME IMPRESIONA TU TRABAJO, PERO AUN ME IMPRESIONA MAS LO QUE DICES DE MI PAIS, SOY MEXICANA Y TENGO UNA DUDA? VIVES AQUI, PUES PORQUE DE SER ASI ME GUSTARIA SABER, SI DAS CLASES O ALGO ASI. MI CORREO ES:bnegrete9@hotmail.com. GRACIAS Y MUY LINDO TU TRABAJO.

5/02/2009 11:33 PM  
OpenID inkcaravan.com said...

So beautiful! Love your lotus blossom, love the linear quality. What a gorgeous set.

5/03/2009 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, i forgot and haven't been on line for a while, I will be praying. But God gave me psalm 23 regarding the crisis, and please remember to keep our president and gov in prayer, that we would not be under the disciplining hand of the Lord, I have been wondering why this has happened in Mexico, no answer yet, when I find out i will let everyone know. You will be fine and stay safe.

5/05/2009 5:46 AM  
Blogger Dee Beale said...

Came via flowerpress, just wanted to say beautiful work.

5/05/2009 8:35 AM  
Blogger Sabii Wabii said...

How did I get here? I do not remember. I do know that I'm happy to have arrived! Great blog.

5/05/2009 9:37 AM  
Blogger marie-louise said...

lovely stamps make lovely pictures!

5/06/2009 9:10 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

praying for you...praying for Mexico!

5/06/2009 9:40 AM  
Blogger belula said...

Son preciosos!!!

5/07/2009 1:10 AM  
Blogger taska said...

My friend Megan introduced me to your site and low and behold while turning the pages of Somerset's "Artful Blogging" (I just picked up 2 days before) there appeared your article. I recognized your amazing birds and carved stamps. I am blown away by the coincidence and have taken this as a sign to commit to blog everyday.
Thanks for placing such compelling work in the world.

5/07/2009 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

El oficio, disciplina y talento son obvios.
Felicidades, tu trabajo es muy, muy bueno.

5/08/2009 4:21 AM  
Anonymous Christy on the Craggy Moor said...

We just had a stamp made online for our business here, and after watching you make one, I feel like I might like to give it a try before we make our next stamp purchase! You are incredibly talented. Keep up the beautiful work.

5/11/2009 5:59 AM  
Blogger Wee Gallery said...

Your work is gorgeous. I thought of you when I heard about the outbreaks in Mexico. Glad that you and your family are safe.

5/11/2009 3:09 PM  
Blogger Lynne Chapman said...

These are lovely! The bird in particular.

5/12/2009 3:54 AM  
Blogger Swati said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/21/2009 4:05 AM  
Blogger Swati said...

Your prints are simply superb! You have inspired me to make my own blocks. Till now I had to depend on an artisan to carve my designs onto a wooden block.

Loved your work! The detailing and use of colour is so pleasing to the eye. I would love to share my block prints with you. Will do so soon.
Thank you

5/21/2009 4:07 AM  
Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

your attention to the details is amazing. So beautiful. And I love the Psalm reference, I do believe that faith in God is truly our only source of security. God bless you and your family, Geninne.

5/25/2009 6:24 PM  
Blogger 可可 said...

A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片

9/10/2009 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Acuarios said...

these are absolutely beautiful!

11/15/2009 12:35 PM  
Anonymous georgina derbez said...

woooooow just perfect and beautiful....
geor

12/29/2009 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home