Friday, February 02, 2007

Initials

When I was a little girl my dad had this beautiful metal sculpture of his initials on his desk. I remember I was always fascinated by it because they were in fact my own initials too. I've always admired everything my dad makes and designs, he is truly talented. That beautiful GZ my dad designed now sits on my own desk where I can enjoy it every single day and think of him. I recently made it into a rubber stamp so I can put it on my watercolors. To this day, I'm proud and happy to share my dad's initials, to be able to use them in my work is just like a cherry on top!

5 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous mara said...

Que elegantes iniciales, muy bonito trabajo de tu papa'.
Genine, gracias por contestar mi pregunta sobre la firma. La proxima vez que haga acuarelas lo voy a tratar.
Que bueno que tienes las mismas inicales y lo puedes usar y acordaarte de tu papa'todos los dias.

2/02/2007 5:53 PM  
Anonymous mara said...

Geninne, escribi mal tu nombre perdon! no encuentro como editarlo.

2/02/2007 6:01 PM  
Blogger Geninne said...

No te preocupes Mara :-) no tiene importancia. Gracias por tu lindo post.

2/02/2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger Chickengirl said...

wow. It just sounds like everyone in your family is totally talented. Its quite stunning.

2/04/2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

How unique and special this is! It's even cooler that you share his initials. A very neat post.

2/06/2007 4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home