Friday, May 19, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday: ABSTRACT ART


"Flower Fields" Watercolor on paper.

This weeks challenge at Inspire Me Thursday was to create a piece of abstract art. I'm a huge fan of Paul Klee so this was a great chance to pay homage to his amazing art.

Check out my super talented artist friend's blog to see some incredible pieces of abstract art at Raptógrafo, he's just awesome! This one's one of my favorite pieces:


"Cielo Tinto"
acrylic on canvas
(35 x 35 inches)

Labels:

19 Lovely Comments:

Blogger carla said...

Your abstract is like a woven mat of jewel-like colors...so pretty! I really like your new banner (especially the Mac)...it's like taking a peek at your workspace:>

5/20/2006 4:48 AM  
Anonymous Melisa said...

You chose such beautiful colors! It's a very pretty piece.

5/20/2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I love the colors of your piece! They are some of my favorites. Your friend does some awfully nice work as well. Great job!

5/20/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger Fossfor said...

i really enjoyed looking at your blog,i love all the cats and penguins and you have a fantastic sense of color!

5/20/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Teri C said...

Just beautiful! Love everything about it. I am getting a big appreciation for this abstract art when I look at everyones.

5/20/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Design Out Loud said...

It's a great mix of abstrat creation versus realism of true colors.
its amazing how a simple idea turns out to be so rich .
Bravo :)

5/21/2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger Potato Print said...

Geninne,
Your abstract woven piece makes me feel so calm. Beautiful ode to Klee.
Caroline

5/21/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger eriesargonaut said...

I love these because the colors just go so well together. Bold and beautiful!

5/22/2006 6:11 AM  
Blogger Amapoftheworld said...

Hola mi nine!!!!

Como baila la cosa por tus lares???

Y lo de la casa?????

Le has dado mis congratulations a su sr. marido?????

Por acá....no mal...que es menos que bien, pero más que mal.

...Es lo que hay...

..pero la Viole me dulcifica la vida.

Besos y abrazos para tí , tu familia y ....

...tu tremenda obra!!!!!

5/23/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger artbyjune said...

I love the colours in this homage to Klee...one of my favourite artist's too!!

5/23/2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Beautiful! I love the combination of colors!

5/23/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

For me a wonderful abstract starts with excellant color combinations and you have that here. Beautiful pattern work also.

5/24/2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Frizz said...

I can see those hanging on the wall. Great colors.

5/24/2006 7:44 PM  
Anonymous melanie komisarski said...

this is wonderful -- those colors are absolutely delicious! Thanks for participating at Inspire Me Thursday!

5/24/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Nice, hot colors! I agree with Carla, this reminds me of a woven piece. It would make a great textile pattern! Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words on my blog!

5/25/2006 5:22 AM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

wonderful job; I like the new header you have added to your blog as well.

5/25/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

love the vibrant colours and the energy your pieces convey!

5/25/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Natura said...

Me encanta, muy buenos colores y composición.

5/28/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger the heartful blogger said...

Wow!!!! Love your field of flowers piece, the colours go together so well.

5/29/2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home